Systems Engineer Senior-UWW (Under Water Warfare)
Specific Job Description
The Naval Programs team spans across Lockheed Martin Canadau0027s main project sites (Kanata, Montreal, Dartmouth), opportunities are available at all sites for supporting Naval Combat Systems Programs and Proposal Capture activities.
The candidate will participate as a Subsystem Systems Engineering member of the Naval Development team in a multi-disciplined team environment working on the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, integration and test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for their responsible Subsystem within the large scale high complexity naval platform systems. The subsystems are grouped by warfare area: Anti-Air Warfare (AAW), Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW), Underwater Warfare (UWW), Electronic Warfare (EW) and Communications.
The candidate will become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and responsible Systems Engineering member for UWW subsystems and will participate in engineering activities including but not limited to:
- Collaborating on system requirements and trade study activities with engineering and program staff during Proposal Capture development phase:
- To define or derive the subsystem level requirements from customer requirements
- To participate in the naval military industry survey and selection of viable subsystems candidate solutions that will meet customer requirements
- To perform assessment on requirement compliances, technical performance and technical risk of the candidate subsystem solutions
- Based on the trade studies done recommend the subsystem solution.
- Collaborate with subcontract management activities during implementation phase in the capacity of a subsystem technical lead:
- Be responsible for the technical performance of major Combat System Subsystem Suppliers in the warfare area.
- To engage with subcontractors to finalize the Statement of Work requirements and Subsystem Specification requirements
- To participate in the Subcontract milestone activities such as Fact-findings, Kick-off Meeting, Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), First Article Acceptance and Factory Acceptance
- Provide support during the scheduled review meetings with subcontractor
- Conduct review and acceptance of the document deliverables from the subcontractors
- Coordinate the preparation of subsystem change request and the presentation to the Approval Board.
- Provide support for Requirements Analysis
- Provide support for System Modelling and Design
- Provide support for definition and tracking of Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs)
- Provide support for System Architecture and Design
- Provide support for System Integration Planning
- Provide support for Design Documentation
- Provide support for Verification and Validation
- Follow systems engineering processes and best practices.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Possess a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical or electronics engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with UWW subsystems
- Sonar Systems
- Towed Array (TAS), Hull Mounted (HMS), Sonobuoy
- Diver Detection System
- Conductivity Temperature Depth (CTD), Expendable Bathythermograph (XBT)
- Underwater Countermeasures (UWCM)
- Torpedo and Launch System.
- Sonar Systems
- Equivalent experience/combined education will be considered
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.