Systems and Applications Engineer
45Drives are the #1 Leaders in Enterprise Open Storage
At 45Drives, we don’t follow the same legacy business models as other server companies.
Serving our customers is at the core of everything we do. Our team solves real storage
problems in an industry where standard IT practices are strictly timed, automated, and
impersonal. Our mission is to provide affordable open-source enterprise storage solutions while
staying true to our community roots by giving back to the open-source community that we rely
Be part of a team filled with BIG opportunities. Every department at 45Drives gets excited about
data and empowering our customers with information — it’s why we come to work!
We measure our success by the number of customers that come to us and walk away happy
with one of our many storage solutions. And we have fun while we do it.
● Join a team that revolutionizes the data storage industry by offering completely custom
solutions at an affordable price.
● This role requires energy! Serve customers by understanding their requirements and use
cases to best fit our solutions into their organization
● Work closely with our 45Drives Sales Team by being part of customer calls and help
architect storage solutions
● We believe in a team environment, so get ready to work with many different
departments! (This doesn’t just mean meetings, we like to have fun and socialize after
● Help customers learn the value of 45Drives while providing product and service
knowledge that will best satisfy their needs.
● Be rewarded with a competitive annual salary and bonus structure, as well as great
benefits, including medical, dental, pension plan, and more.
● Live and work in a community with quick commutes, affordable homes on generous plots
of land, beautiful scenery, and friendly people.
About 45 Drives
At 45Drives, we are experts at solving data storage problems. We provide affordable, highperformance, high-capacity, enterprise storage solutions for all industries, and all size data
requirements. Our storage solutions are non-proprietary, giving you the freedom to run any
software you choose. We pride ourselves on our technical support, and our team of engineers is
with you every step of the way.
To learn more, visit http://www.45drives.com.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a skilled Systems and Applications Engineer to join the team in Sydney,
Nova Scotia. This role is an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to work in a positive,
innovative and fast-paced environment. A good basic understanding of storage and networking
is required. In the role, you will work to support our account management team
The main objective of a Systems and Applications Engineer is to ensure our customer’s
technical requirements are met with a high standard of customer service during the sales
process. Managing and interpreting customer requirements while spending time in our research
and development lab is an integral part of this role. Our customers’ level of technical expertise
varies – so we are always prepared to help with their questions and challenges.
Our customers come from a wide range of technical expertise, the ideal candidate must be able
to take complex ideas and relay information in a simple manner. You are the bridge between
our technology and our new & existing customers.
In this role, you will be expected to:
● Be constantly engaged with our account managers and service team
● Be constantly engaging with our customers, both over the phone and email
● Performing live technical demonstrations directly with our customers about our solutions.
● Have a strong technical background
● Work well independently and as part of a team
● Have analytical and problem-solving skills
● The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
You must also be a self-motivated continual learner, with a keen interest in relevant online
courses, books, blogs, podcasts and more.
● Post-secondary education in a relevant field
● One or more years’ experience
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● People-driven personality
● Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Willingness to learn new things and adopt new technology
● Ability to think on your feet and take initiative
● Attention to detail
● Excellent time-management skills
● Enjoy working in a team environment
● Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good
communication, and deliver results effectively.
● Ability to travel (including cross-border) 1-2 times a year
● Criminal record check and security clearance
About the Benefits
Besides a salary (and performance-based bonus structure) that ranges between $40,000 and
$60,000 (for 40-48 hours per week), you will also enjoy the following benefits:
● Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits after six months
● Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’
vacation at five years)
● High earning potential, depending on sales performance
● Company Pension Plan and cost-shared YMCA membership after six months
Upon joining 45 Drives, you will find a supportive team that encourages professional
development. We often host seasonal BBQs, learning lunches and staff events (when time permits)