Subject Matter Expert, Navy
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) at BTSI, you will have experience with the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) and an understanding of the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) and you will be primarily supporting projects for the RCN and CCG. You will be a key contributor supporting training development, technical publications, and analysis for the next generation of RCN and CCG training. Navy Operational Maintenance Environment (NOME).
What you’ll be doing:
- Demonstrating expertise with maritime systems.
- Conducting research necessary to assist in the production of technical publications.
- Producing a detailed source document from OEM and technical manuals to produce training content.
- Liaising with Tech Writers to assist in the production of Technical Publications
- Liaising with Instructional Designers and Media personnel to Assist in the production of training courseware.
- Applying Technical expertise to other SMEs and define requirements.
- Supporting to Maritime projects as required.
- Reviewing and commenting on technical publications.
- Internal communications to the SME Manager.
- Liaising with the client and OEMs as required or permitted.
- Providing support to training and courseware production.
- Providing inputs for continuous improvement.
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 5 years’ experience as a member of the RCN.
- 2 years’ experience as an instructor or working in the standards section or working with technical manuals. (any preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn and utilize software tools.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and aural
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Company Website: http://www.bluedropts.com/