Staff Software Engineer (Remote)
BeyondTrust is a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do, creating a safer world through our cyber security SaaS portfolio.
Our culture of flexibility, trust, and continual learning means you will be recognized for your growth, and for the impact you make on our success. You will be surrounded by people who challenge, support, and inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in launching and enhancing platform capabilities for the SaaS solutions. You will provide technical leadership across fast-paced teams designing, developing, and maintaining our cloud-based software, leveraging modern orchestration technologies. This role offers you a unique opportunity to demonstrate your technical leadership, drive best practices, and overcome cloud-scale challenges to deliver a top-tier platform system.
What You’ll Do:
- You are the technical owner across teams within Platform services domain, managing ambiguity in projects and solving complex technical problems, ensuring deliverables are designed for resiliency, observability, testability and maintainability.
- You work in both tactical and strategic, you take a critical role in proposing, planning, designing, and implementing development initiatives.
- You lead team technical discussions and drive design decisions.
- You help your group identify and drive improvements to engineering and operation processes, ensuring teams adhere to SDLC best practices and quality standards.
- You drive continual improvement in execution and quality, and challenge designs when needed.
- You are hands on, contributing to the code base on a daily basis, setting the bar for code quality, design and work volume for the team.
- You collaborate across teams to define architectural boundaries, interfaces, and set service level expectations.
- You mentor, champion, and drive teams to follow current best practices with regards to code security, CI/CD, and vulnerability mitigation.
- You will participate in the on-call rotation to ensure the stability of platform services providing core shared functionality to BeyondTrust cloud products
What You’ll Bring:
- Expertise with C#, Golang, Java or other modern programming languages.
- Expertise in designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise cloud-based systems.
- Current experience developing API services and working with large scale microservices architectures.
- Significant experience with modern design patterns as relates to microservice architecture deployed in public cloud providers: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Proven expertise with design and implementation of Infrastructure as Code.
- Expertise in test automation (unit, e2e, integration, smoke, etc.)
- Proven expertise with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery strategies and implementations.
- Experience with Frontend framework (Angular, NodeJS, etc.) would be a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience with observability and Incident Response tools.
- Experience providing technical leadership on Agile teams.
Who You Are:
- You are a force-multiplier who increases the impact of your group.
- You lead by example and do this via systems of feedback, structure, and direction.
- You champion continuous improvement in a blameless manner.
- You are flexible and can adapt to shifting situations and requirements.
- You are persistent when facing roadblocks, overcoming them efficiently, and know how to coordinate with others when necessary.
- You take the initiative to alert teams to issues they missed and help guide the team towards resolution.
- You hold high standards, continuously raise the bar, and drive our teams to deliver high-quality products, services, and processes.
- You implement software development best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architectures.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They are the guiding values of how we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a culture where people feel connected.
We take care of our employees so they can take care of our customers. Customers who come from all walks of life just like us. We hire incredible people from diverse backgrounds because when we are different together, we are stronger together.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, enabling organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access. We are leading the charge in innovating identity-first security and are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100, plus a global ecosystem of partners.