Sr. Data Engineer – Halifax
Area of expertise: Analytics
Are you ready to build with us as a Senior Data Engineer? The Avanade Engineering Hub in Halifax supports employees that want to develop a long-lasting journey of growth, challenges, development, and friendships.
The Buzz Around the Hubs
Avanade’s latest initiative is to build “hubs” for ambitious, innovative, passionate individuals that are driven to enhance their day-to-day and re-imagine how to build and deliver solutions. The hubs are strategically established offices in the heart of 4 downtown cities across the U.S. and Canada.
We want to create a collaborative, fun, and challenging work community that you can call your own. The Hubs are comprised of the most elite software engineers, creatives, and designers in the area to provide exceptional products to a diverse clientele.
What Are We Building?
- A community that you can call home.
- A physical presence in the community of Tampa will allow for a hybrid work model in a modern workplace, connecting with clients and colleagues for meetings and creative brainstorming.
- A creative space to explore, learn, grow, and share.
- Support a variety of clients in different industries, and share knowledge and best practices with your local and broader practice across the U.S. and Canada.
- Challenge yourself and deliver exceptional client experiences, specializing in one of the six capabilities.
- Dynamics & ERP
- Data Engineering & Analytics
- Software Development
- An everlasting chance for opportunities and professional development.
- A personal Career Advisor is assigned to support your present and future success throughout your exciting journey at Avanade.
- Tools and resources are available at your fingertips, including Accenture’s learning library on the latest projects and technologies.
A success story for our clients.
About the job:
As a Data Engineer, you know the importance of data to the business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouses and storage
- Take part in crafting and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practices in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt, and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Build and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Craft and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
You have got a great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and share your knowledge and skills, as well as guide other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Strong knowledge of Python, Spark, and T-SQL
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies – and how to apply them in business
- Experience in structured problem solving
- Knowledge of Azure tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, or Azure SQL
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to use technology to aim business problems using one or more Microsoft Analytics services for building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration
- Knowledge of Big Data tools such as Hadoop / Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Crafting and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals
- You’re likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or another meaningful field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have several years of relevant professional experience.
Avanade Perks & Benefits
- Alternative Work Week (AWW):
- We embrace the mindset and behavioral shifts, maximizing the opportunity for you to find the right work-life balance by opting into work a flexible work week.
- Extended Benefits (EB):
- Our EB program provides you with an annual discretionary allowance to assist with work efficiency, support your work/life balance and reinforce our commitment to a positive work environment.
- Making a Genuine Human Impact:
- Avanade Cares! We get involved in the community through a range of corporate citizenship programs, including STEM scholarships, our Tech for Social Good programs, and paid volunteering time.
- Professional Development:
- Avanade reserves a minimum of 80 hours towards self-development per year for each employee by providing access to a variety of internal training programs across all the Talent Communities.
- Plus, an Employee Share Purchase Plan & 401k/RRSP, Health Benefits, Paid Time Off – and more.