Sports Writer (Contract)
Bedford, NS – Fully Remote
A little bit about us:
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class. We’re a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We’re a cohesive team of more than 160 skilled marketing & technology experts whose passions and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader.
We’re on a hyper-growth track to global success, while still maintaining the atmosphere of a small company. Challenge yourself wherever you are in your career and join us at the crossroads of innovation and results! If you’re looking for accelerated opportunities where you can feel empowered to grow, learn, and contribute, join us today.
Is this role right for you:
The Sports Writer must be multidisciplinary, with experience writing digital content for the web. With a keen focus on sports, SEO and content marketing, the candidate will drive engagement for an industry- leading affiliate website portfolio.
This role is a vital part of the content marketing team, responsible for ensuring pages and posts rank for targeted keywords. Attracting and engaging customers while driving consumer actions, the Sports Writer will bring their own creative ideas to the position and write editorial content to drive engagement. They will also optimize evergreen content based on SEO best practices to help increase brand exposure and work weekends as needed. This person will be responsible for using outstanding professional writing skills to attract and engage customers, and will drive consumer actions while also creating compelling and engaging content.
The successful candidate should be a positive self-starter and enthusiastic problem-solver, with a strong sense of accountability to achieve the top goals. The ideal candidate also possesses the ability to apply transferable writing skills to new subject matter.
What we want you to own in this role:
- Collaborate with various teams to produce compelling new content for existing and/or new web properties;
- Perform research and understand the latest trends, terminology, and best practices in sports writing;
- Produce marketing copy for multiple web properties across the sports industry, with focus on
- providing users with excellent, share-worthy and insightful content;
- Create or revise existing evergreen content to ensure accuracy, consistency and strength in organic search;
- Research and understand the competition, perform competitive analyses and content audits to help identify gaps in content, and plan content to fill those gaps;
- Follow best practices to craft the best possible SEO pages for websites.
A little bit about you and your qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience directly in the related field of journalism or digital marketing;
- Experience in a digital sports content writing/editing role;
- Previous experience working in online marketing;
- Proven experience with professional writing; proper grammar and spelling is a must.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates who also offer the following:
- A results-oriented, articulate and decisive self-starter;
- Experience in an SEO-related role, understanding principles of creating content for maximizing exposure in organic search;
- Understand the concept of “user intent” and how to satisfy it in the digital space;
- Experience with analytical and/or SEO tools, such as Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush and Ryte;
- Ability to learn new markets quickly; comfortable dealing with fast-paced environments;
- An affinity for sports or affiliate marketing;
- Experience with Drupal and/or WordPress CMS
#Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!
More about us:
Our current obsession? Creating an inclusive workplace community that encourages innovative thinking and supports meaningful growth.
Our superpower? We don’t just hire top talent; we cultivate visionaries with entrepreneurial spirits and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We’re not just do-ers, we’re motivators, collaborators, and high performers who work hard, and play harder.
How do we conduct business? We put our people and culture above everything. We’re collaborators who are dedicated to the success and enrichment of our employees, and understand the importance of disconnecting, and balancing work with our personal lives.