We are looking for a Spark/Scala Developer to join our team as we make our journey to Azure. We expect you to have great technical skills but just as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Data Information Management team, the successful candidate will:
- Work on a variety of projects and enhancements on the Hadoop platform.
- Work with business stakeholders, Solution Designers, BSAs, team members and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements.
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions.
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience with demonstrable development experience with Data tools and technologies.
- Experience in translating functional requirements into logical and physical file structure design is expected.
- Proven understanding and related experience with tools including PySpark, Spark, Scala, Angular, Unix and Python.
- Programming experience in one or more of Kafka, Spark streaming, Sqoop, Oozie, Airflow, Control-M or Presto.
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following: SQL, NOSQL Data Base such as HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Azure certification is required, experience working within a Azure Cloud based environment, is an asset.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
- Solid hands-on development experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages including Java or .Net is an asset.
- Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience is an asset.
- Experience in Canadian banking and/or insurance is preferred.
- Ability to lead teams and small projects is an asset.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
- Big Data
- Hadoop Hive
- Spark SQL
- Azure Fundamentals AZ-900
- Azure Data Lake
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.