Software Development Engineer in Test
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Software Development Engineer in Test
What is the opportunity?
We’re building a team who is not afraid to challenge the status quo; embraces innovation; and excited to bring a fresh perspective. You will be part of our fast paced IT team, and will be responsible for End-to-End test automation Implementation. We are hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help deliver next level of test automation tools. This is a highly technical role that requires strong hands-on scripting expertise combined with strong communication and leadership skills.
What will you do?
- Designing & develop test automation scripts for given requirements/user stories by utilizing suitable tools
- Maintain & enhance the existing automated tests by utilizing Selenium (Java) & Lean FT(Java) across multiple applications
- Continually enhance your own skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
- Maintain and provide timely testing status reports to leadership team and all stakeholders
- Work within a cross functional agile team to help build critical digital systems
- Responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them with industry standard testing frameworks
- Own and deliver tasks as well as ask for feedback to drive solution as part of the team
- Provides automated testing expertise and oversight
- Integrate automated tests with CI/CD pipeline to achieve continuous testing
- Perform functional / exploratory manual testing as needed in addition to automated testing
- Participate in our development community and challenge yourself and each other to innovate and improve each day
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity and operational efficiency using automation, virtualization, and integration with DevOps pipeline
- Look for opportunities to ideate and improve the product and continually expand what is possible through technology
What do you need to succeed?
- A creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership and deliver solutions
- A team player, technical advocate, keen to flush out and share ideas with your team
- An exceptional communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language
- Value your team’s success as much as your own as we celebrate and move forward as a team
- Obsessed with clean code and best practices
- Help lead the quality management practice as we grow our organization
- Have strong knowledge of quality engineering practice
- Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standard
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong technical knowledge, systematic trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Quality Engineering methodologies, QE approaches, testing frameworks
- More than 5 years’ experience working within a cross functional agile development team
- Solid hands-on experience with knowledge and understanding in following technologies
- Automation Tools : Selenium, LeanFT, ReadyAPI, Rest Assured
- Automation Framework: BDD / Cucumber, Keyword Driven / SIFT, JUnit
- Programming / Scripting Languages : Java
- Database Languages: DB2
- Continuous Integration (CI/CD): Helios, Jenkins
- Version Control: Git
- Solid experience testing REST APIs services using automation frameworks
- Extensive experience in writing automation test cases, executing tests, and reporting defects
- Experience in reviewing artefacts including code reviews & expertise in estimating automation scope of work
- Experience in non-functional testing using Performance Testing (i.e LoadRunner, Jmeter) and Application Monitoring (i.e. Dynatrace) tools
- Experience in Security testing, penetrations testing, automating accessibility testing
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs; demonstrate enthusiasm and sense of commitment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
- Address: HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Work hours/week: 37.5
- Employment Type: Full time
- Platform: Technology and Operations
- Job Type: Regular
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Posted Date: 2022-05-16-07:00
- Application Deadline: 2022-07-18-07:00
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.