Software Developer (Research and Development)
Department: Research and Development
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: Mid-Level
Compensation: $50,000 – $90,000
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Join a company that has revolutionized custom manufacturing for engineers, designers and scientists all over the world.
- Join a company that has a positive workplace culture based on each of us contributing to our common goals while respecting and supporting each other.
- Be rewarded with a competitive compensation package with great benefits, including medical, dental, pension plan, and more.
- Live and work in Cape Breton, a wonderful community that has quick commutes, affordable homes on generous plots of land, beautiful scenery, and friendly people.
About the Organization
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc.is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances in software with advanced manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing
To the engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 300 employees, Protocase is proud to have a client base of over 16,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
To learn more about the company, visit: https://www.protocase.com
Full disclosure, we work a little differently around here. This isn’t another job where you punch in and punch out, we come to work everyday because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way.
We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. We spend at least 1/3 of our lives working, so to do this and not be fulfilled or find purpose is just wrong.
At Protocase we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. Does this sound like something you would like to be part of and help grow?
It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. We are extremely fortunate to have an amazing group of customers who first of all, appreciate what we do for them, secondly work on projects that are literally changing the world and thirdly…and most importantly, voluntarily choose to buy from us.
Our Ethical Guidelines:
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
About the Opportunity
Protocase and 45Drives is currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our marketing team in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. Our companies’ websites are a primary means of communicating with prospective and current customers about our products and services.
Protocase’s Research & Development (R&D) is a busy department within the company, serving many different internal teams with software development and project engineering on a variety of systems and programs. We are a unique ultra-lean manufacturer that provides the upper echelon of scientists and engineers all over the world with rapid custom manufacturing in 2-3 days. Our team of developers is tasked with continually improving and maintaining internal and external software that are crucial to our ongoing productivity, efficiency and growth.
- Experience in C# and VBA
- Technical degree or diploma in Software Development (or related field), or 2+ years’ experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have a goal-oriented personality and love to make things work!
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving
- Enjoy working independently
- CAD experience and/or mathematical ability would be considered assets but are not required
- Mechanical aptitude and/or interest would be considered an asset but are not required
You are tenacious when it comes to goals and completing projects. You love writing software, and you love seeing what you create come to life, function, and make users’ lives better. You understand with deep clarity that if the end user isn’t actually using the software, then your work isn’t done.
Your duties will include:
- Developing add-in and macros for CAD/CAM software using API, working in a small team
- Developing of automatic geometry recognition software for CAD program
- Working with internal stakeholders to solve complex problems
- Ensuring our software applications are functional, maintainable, and scalable.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be a lifelong learner who cares deeply enough about your professional excellence and pushes yourself to learn new things.
About the Benefits
This position offers an annual salary that will range between $50,000 and $90,000 (dependant on education and experience). You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- A flexible, exciting and positive work environment
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits at six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Company Pension Plan at six months
- Cost-shared YMCA membership for you and your family at three months
- Regular social events, including team lunch & learns and staff parties