Jonas Fitness, Inc. was created from the acquisition of the software, clients, billing services and other assets of Club Solutions by Fiserv, Inc. We are a division of Jonas Software, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise management software and billing solutions to a variety of industries, including golf and private club, fitness, sports and leisure, attractions, food service, construction and many more.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 40,000 customers worldwide in more than 15 countries. Jonas employs over 1,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
At Jonas Fitness, our vision is to be the branded global leader in fitness software and billing services. We strive every day to be recognized by customers and industry stakeholders as a trusted provider of “Software for Life” and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
The software developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the industry-leading suite of products from the Database through User Interface, with the ability to write clean code with scalability in mind. As a Software Developer III, you will participate in all areas of the software development life cycle including gathering and analyzing requirements, coding, debugging, and testing to ensure applications are accessible to a diverse user base and the solutions developed must be adaptable to various implementation/design scenarios. This requires a proven ability to articulate ideas and the ability to work closely with a development team to produce industry-leading solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have a sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
The experience level required for this position is greater than 5 years.
- Develop, test and implement software applications
- Be technical lead and resolve technical difficulties
- Break large stories into functional tasks
- Conduct code reviews
- Gather and analyze requirements
- Work closely with software support on customer reported issues
- Participate in root cause analysis of issues.
- Prepare estimates and written design specifications for enhancements and/or new development. Work with Product Managers, Senior Developers,
- Product Analysts and/or other subject matter experts as necessary to determine project scope and methodology.
- Identify and recommend software improvements
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Help other members of the team while still getting your committed work completed
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Full-stack software development
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate, recommend and select 3rd party components which will make the development life cycle shorter and more productive
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work with business stakeholders and customers to define acceptance criteria
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will have a sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Strong understanding of C# and the .net framework
- Experienced in implementing secured coding practices and have deep knowledge on OWASP and PCI guidelines.
- Able to maintain and develop commented, well-engineered and tested code based on the outlined business logic
- Effectively collaborate with peers to resolve defects
- Interact with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns
- Ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and the ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong desire to continually expand knowledge, learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Ability to learn and master new technology and is personally committed to continuously improve through self-development.
- Ability to learn on the fly and be comfortable with dealing with ambiguity when facing new problems.
- Must be highly motivated to succeed. Desire to provide outstanding products and customer service. Extremely detail-oriented and dedicated to following
- through in all work. Focuses on project quality, completeness and thoroughness.
- Flexibility in design and development approach, with ability to adapt to different styles for different projects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to cope successfully with diversity and complexity in a dynamic environment.
- Must show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Strong knowledge of .net platform
- 5+ Years Experience in software development
Preferred candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Prior experience with Agile development and iterative development methodologies. Scrum, Pair Programming, TDD, Unit Testing
- Is easy to approach and works well with others
- Involvement with the local development community; active in forums and/or newsgroups
- Prior experience in the health and fitness industry
- Prior experience building multi-tier, distributed web or mobile applications
- Easily catches on to new technologies and concepts and can help others with them
- Prefer to have a working knowledge of Sofvelocity Clarion 6, & clarion 10, along with third-party templates.