CGI is more than just an IT consulting company, we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
We are looking for experienced back-end developers (.NET and/or Java) and/or front-end (Angular, React) developers to join our growing team.
As a Software Developer, you’ll have a combination of maintenance and development experience, and be working with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of a larger team, you will also work with and learn from our experienced and hardworking developers and architects. You’ll have numerous opportunities to leverage your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements.
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in an exciting and diverse development environment, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
• Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
• Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data related issues
• Develop strategies for improving and leveraging systems
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
• Work with clients to develop solution architectures to solve business problems.
• Write automated tests and help set up continuous integration & delivery pipelines.
• Design, develop, manage and integrate RESTful APIs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a Software Developer in an Agile environment (exposure to front-end and back-end frameworks) leveraging modern languages and tools such as .NET/C#, Java, Python, React, Vue.js, and/or Angular
• Exposure to Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, SQLServer, and/or MySQL
• Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
• Containers and container platforms such as OpenShift
• Application deployment automation using Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps
• Experience with RESTFul API development, management and integration
• Superb communication skills, both oral and written
• Team player
• Experience working with cloud services (e.g. developing for Azure or AWS PaaS environments)
• Experience writing automated end to end UI tests with tools such as Selenium
• Ability to set up and configure supporting technology and infrastructure such as proxies, webservers, certificates, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerBI, Power Automate, Power Apps)
• Experience with reporting tools
• Bilingual (English/French)
• Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Back End Development
- Application Development
- Front End Development
- Full Stack Development
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.