Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Join a company that has revolutionized custom manufacturing for engineers, designers and scientists all over the world. Join a team that has a positive workplace culture, based on each of us contributing to our common goals while respecting and supporting each other. Be rewarded with a competitive compensation package with great benefits, including medical, dental, pension plan, and more. Live and work in Cape Breton, a wonderful community that has quick commutes, affordable homes on generous plots of land, beautiful scenery, and friendly people.
About the Organization:
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc offers unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries by combining advanced manufacturing techniques with innovative software. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 350 employees, Protocase is proud to have a client base of over 16,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
Full disclosure, we work a little differently here at Protocase Inc./45Drives. This isn’t a job where you punch in and punch out. we come to work every day because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way. We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. At Protocase Inc./45Drives, we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. Does this sound like something you want to be a part of?
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
About the Opportunity:
Protocase is currently seeking Software Developers to join our Research & Development team in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. We are a unique ultra-lean manufacturer that provides the upper echelon of scientists and engineers all over the world with rapid custom manufacturing in 2-3 days. R&D is a busy and fast-paced department within the company. Our team of developers is tasked with continually improving and maintaining internal and external software that are crucial to our ongoing productivity, efficiency and growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for tenacious individuals who are driven by completing projects and the underlying goal of making software that the end user wants to use. Ideal candidates will understand with deep clarity that if the user isn’t actually using the software, then your work isn’t done. They love writing software, and love seeing what they create come to life, function, and make users’ lives better.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Technical degree or diploma in Software Development (or related field), or 2+ years’ experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A goal-oriented personality and love to make things work!
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Enjoy working independently
We are seeking developers of various skill-sets to join specialized teams within the department. Because of this, the below listed qualifications are likewise varied in whether they are requirements.
- Experience in .Net Core
- Experience in C# and VBA
- Competency in Java as well as an understanding of Object-Oriented design and standard design patterns
- Familiarity with test-driven development and PHP an asset
- CAD experience
- Mathematical aptitude
- Mechanical aptitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily duties are dependent upon specialized role within the department. Duties may include but are not limited to…
- Developing new features and improving current features of internal and/or external software applications (in certain roles, developing CAD software for designing sheet metal enclosures)
- Working with internal stakeholders to resolve complex difficulties or working closely with the marketing and sales departments solve real-world problems
- In certain roles you will work with computer graphics and solve 3D/2D problems
- Ensuring software applications are highly testable, maintainable, and scalable
In order to succeed in this role, you must be a lifelong learner who cares deeply enough about your professional excellence and pushes yourself to learn things.
About the Benefits:
This position offers an annual salary that will range between $50,000 and $90,000 (dependent upon education and experience). You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- A flexible, exciting and positive work environment
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits at six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Company Pension Plan at six months
- Cost-shared YMCA membership for you and your family at three months
- Regular social events, including team lunch & learns and staff parties