Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Newton project team is undertaking multiple initiatives as part of RBC’s Group Risk Management IT department. Enterprise Risk is a GRM function that helps RBC contextualize and manage a broad spectrum of risks to ensure they are appropriately handled and strategic risk objectives are properly aligned. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the successful implementation of various Newton borrower Criteria Models based on Criteria Papers and various technical initiatives to support the project for operational excellence. The role will develop, communicate and execute activities to ensure objectives are accomplished on time.
What will you do?
- Design technical solutions and code application programs aligned with business requirements and project deliverables including component reusability
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews and making decisions depending on resources/data/infrastructure availability/accessibility
- Develop code, write unit tests and provide coordination and support for QE testing
- Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing
- Co-ordinates and provides input to BA, QE and PM teams
- Complete technical documentation and training material
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through code review, unit testing, SonarQube, NexusIQ and documentation
- Perform performance tuning, in case required
- Support production release
What you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree, related to the industry, with 4 – 6 years of relevant experience
- Knack for writing clean, readable java code with unit tests
- Proven experience in designing Java / Java EE solutions
- Experience in designing microservices & APIs
- Proven experience in Java back-end development with the following technologies: JDK 8+, GitHub, REST, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache CXF, Microservices, SOAP, Swagger, Apache / Tomcat, SQL
- Excellent understanding of integration and design patterns
- Good understanding of Atlassian suite tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Good understanding of DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and provide timely updates
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented and a good team player
Nice to have:
- Experience in application security (one / two-way SSL, SAML, OAuth)
- Docker/OpenShift Containers and Kubernetes
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.