Software Application Implementation Consultant, Functional
Vision33 Inc. is a global IT products and services consultancy that solves customer challenges by leveraging the promise of technology and the transformational value it delivers. We partner with growing and large organizations in both the public and private sectors to understand their vision and help them reach it with effective technology selection, implementation and support.
Due to our growth and continued success, we are now looking for Software Application Implementation Consultants. Given the location of our clients and the remote nature of the work required, we are flexible on location. Preferred candidate locations areas listed above and include, Canada and the United States. Working on a diverse complement of projects and technologies you will be a key member of Vision33’s eGovernment and Enterprise team. You will collaborate with other team members to identify and solve problems. You will thrive in a multi-task environment where you can quickly transition between projects. Proactive and client-focused, you will participate in project meetings, collaborate on deliverables with other experts and liaise with multiple stakeholders to coordinate the most appropriate solution for their specific desired outcomes.
As an Implementation Consultant, your responsibilities include:
- Business Analysis
- Identify client objectives and assist in solutioning;
- Work with external and internal resources to gather, document and validate functional requirements.
- Develop work-flows, user acceptance testing requirements, end-user procedures, communication plans and training packages;
- Facilitate workshops/client meetings, and validate proposed functionality and process flows;
- Liaise with the architectural and development teams providing context as required;
- Identify and define known problems and assist with solution alternatives;
- Communicate and document key decisions both internally and in collaboration with the client.
- Software Configuration
- Configure prototypes of software design to assist clients invalidating that design meets the business requirements identified during business analysis;
- Configure software to meet functional requirements laid out in design documents;
- Unit test configuration to ensure working as planned;
- Assist with sharing knowledge of configuration and software design with internal and client teams.
Excited to face any new challenge, you will bring to this position the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree or college diploma in an Information Technology or Business related field from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- 5 plus years experience in a similar role, with a focus on requirements and processes;
- Knowledge of and experience in public sector permitting, licensing, inspection and/or land management processes is considered an asset;
- Practical experience designing business models, addressing productivity issues and process improvement;
- Analytical, with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Accela Implementation Certification or similar permitting, licensing, inspection and/or land management software certification would be considered an asset;
- Capacity to build instant positive relationships with customers and all stakeholders involved in the project;
- Ability to professionally and tactfully navigate complex projects with internal team support;
- Actively listen to clients and teammates to understand business processes and projects;
- Good presentation/public speaking skills; and
- A willingness and ability to travel within Canada and the United States.