Software/Application Development Manager
- Job ID: 2022-18363
- # Positions: 1
- Job Type: Full Time
- Years of Experience: 5
- Job Industry: Business and Professional Services, Computer Software, Technology Services
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our technology team, BDO Lixar, brings 20+ years of experience providing end-to-end technology and modern workplace solutions in data & AI, cloud & cyber, and business & customer-facing applications. Our team of 500 technology professionals is expanding our data-driven services from coast-to-coast and beyond, to help our clients adapt, adopt, and grow.
BDO Lixar is looking for an Application / Software Development Manager to join our growing team, with the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada. The individual will own the following responsibilities:
- Management of application design and management of the systems development life cycle and standards.
- Responsible for managing the development team by coaching, mentoring, training and assigning tasks in line with department objectives.
- Development of systems integration and standards
- Utilize existing capabilities within the architecture and introduce new functionalities to support changing business requirements
- Be the technical evangelist to ensure that the development approach and integration fits within the overall architecture and technology roadmap of BDO
- Manage and maintain relationships with various BDO departments and business lines.
- Responsible for timely resolution of internal/external issues and ensuring solutions provided to the business meet best practices, quality and security standards
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- University Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 5 years of experience in leading and managing a software development team
- 3-5 years of experience with ASP.Net, C# Programming, MVC Framework, SQL Server, Azure and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in systems and requirements analysis, test automation, systems integration, application design and programming
- Hands-on experience working with large scale systems, implementation of SOA-based solutions and automated testing
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including IT and various departments and senior leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth experience with UML and Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with Application Mobile Development and TIBCO middle-ware.
- Experience with Blockchain, AI and/or Machine Learning technologies.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2022. This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
- We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market-leading personal time off policy. We’re committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed without barriers. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, equity, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients, and communities, we may require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated in order to enter a BDO office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page. #LI-SA1
Thank you to all applicants that apply. We will contact you if you are selected for a personal interview. No phone calls and/or agencies please. If you are applying for this role, you should have current legal working rights in Canada. As part of our interview process, you may be subject to background inquiries.