Site Reliability Engineer Developer
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer Developer
What is the opportunity?
Acting as a DevOps/SRE Engineer within the Finance and Risk (FRIDA) IT team, you will be work to the standardize of DevOps and Site Reliability engineering in the OTIS, UES and Finance CORE applications. You will be partnering with multiple teams to mature the knowledge and expertise within the group. You will work hands-on with the team to build deployment pipelines, automated solutions, enable proactive alerting and self-healing where applicable, and develop and maintain alerting and health dashboards.
What will you do?
- Directly engaged in hands-on development, research and mentoring in support of driving modern engineering practices including CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), and Continuous Health Monitoring across pre-production and production environments
- Together with RBC’s DevOps CoE and project teams, determine best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration using Jenkins/UCD/Ansible to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
- Develop processes and automated responses to identify and address reliability risks, improve performance, availability, security (site reliability) to optimize infrastructure utilization and cost
- Develop creative approaches to build solutions that can be leveraged and re-used across applications/processes and monitor ongoing effectiveness across environments
- Creating, and scaling monitoring and alerting infrastructure for deployed applications, including system health and application health metrics assimilation pipelines and dashboards
- Configure machine learning and self-healing capabilities across multiple applications to enable anomaly detection and proactive and efficient resolution of issues
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in computer science/engineering or related technology discipline. in a multi-technology environment focusing on DevOps/SRE tools
- Proven experience working with Linux-based environments, CI & CD tools, pipeline automation, configuration, and source control such as GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Urban Code Deploy, Sonarqube, Checkmarx.
- Working experience with Oracle, MySql, Hadoop Platform, Solace, Tomcat, OCP
- Proven experience with SRE tools such as Ansible, Dynatrace, PagerDuty, AppScan, ELK (Elastic, Logstash, and Kibana), CatchPoint, Moogsoft, and self-healing/machine learning automation
- Strong leadership, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to learn new tools and systems, doing proof of concepts with minimum supervision and establish in higher environments
- Exposure with ServiceNow and ITIL processes (incident, request, change management)
- Experience with Capital Markets or other financial technology services’ middle/back office environments.
- Experience with/exposure to cloud technology platforms such as PCF (on-prem), AWS. Azure (off-prem).
- Experience working with Programming Language – Backend (Java, Python, Scala)
- Experience working with Programming Language – Frontend (Angular/React)
- Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (SoapUI, Selenium, Appium, UFT/Lean UFT/RestAssured/Robot Framework, TestNG) and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Address: HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
- City: CAN-NS-BEDFORD, CAN-ON-TORONTO
- Country: Canada
- Work hours/week: 37.5
- Employment Type: Full time
- Platform: Technology and Operations
- Job Type: Regular
- Pay Type: Salaried
Posted Date: 2022-06-16-07:00
Application Deadline: 2022-07-30-07:00
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.