Ship CPT- Ship Integration and Design – Producibility IPT
Support the Ship Integrated Product Team (IPT) with a review of Design Agent Subcontract Deliverables List artifacts in support of both platform and combat systems ship integration activity
Support both platform and combat systems program Platform and Combat Systems IPT working groups
Provide technical expertise and support to the Ship Design Agent in the development of the Combat Systems ship Design Package including:
- Ship Design
- Combat Systems Equipment Arrangements
- Technical Documentation and Drawing Development
- Ship Design artifacts Interfacing with design agents, shipyard and Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) customer.
- Support Ship Classification and Certification Activity
- Develop and measure Technical Data Packages (TDPs) for Combat System upgrade to track performance
- Sub-Contractor technical documentation reviews in support of ship design deliverables:
- Human Factors Engineering
- Ship Design technical performance management.
- Close liaison with the Design Agent (DA) is required which could include regular travel.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services. Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical engineering, and/or Combat Systems Engineering and/or Naval Architect
- 5-8 years of experience in a Naval Platform or Combat Systems Engineering role
- Experience in Naval Surface Warfare systems ship design and arrangements works
- Experience with ship platform and combat systems design and analysis (Hull/Structural, Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Transverse Engineering)
- Experience in ship Cable Management and cable/connector design
- Experience in ship design/engineering in relation to survivability (Intact and damage stability, survivability)
- Experience in Shipboard Aviation Support Systems
- Experience with Classification Society rules/regulations
- 5-8 years of experience in a naval engineering or naval shipbuilding environment
- Experience in ship general arrangements, space arrangements and outfitting, using Two Dimensional (2D) or Three Dimensional (3D) AutoCAD or other Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to prioritize competing demands.