Service Centre Analyst
- Requisition ID: 164808
- Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
- Job Category: IT Service Centre
- Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Country: Canada (CA)
- Province: Nova Scotia
- City: Stellarton
- Location: 0019 Stellarton RSC
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys has an exciting 18 Month Contract opportunity available as a Service Centre Analyst within our Technology department, reporting to the Manager, IT Service Centre. The team is based in Stellarton, NS.
Note: Schedule flexibility is required – Shifts include days, evenings, as well as weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
As a Service Centre Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Provide remote IT support for all incidents and requests for all Stores, Offices and Warehouses in a 24/7, fast-paced environment via standard contact channels (Phone, Email, etc.).
- Responsible for resolving all incidents and fulfilling all requests assigned within defined SLA.
- Provide excellent customer service through technical support in a timely, efficient manner.
- Execute the Incident Management Process including creating, managing and resolving incidents in the ITSM tool.
- Communicate with Sobeys staff and ensure that all are kept aware of the status of their incident and/or request.
- Execute the communication protocol during major, critical and high priority incidents.
- Ensure that all incidents and requests meet quality standards.
- Document all knowledge opportunities for the department and ensures accuracy of the knowledge base.
- Maintain excellent relationships with support teams and vendors, ensuring Service Centre deliverables are complete.
- Remain current on technology changes and all changes to Service Centre support.
- Participate in analyzing, determining, and implementing changes that improve departmental efficiencies (continuous improvement).
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Technology related field
- 1-2 years of experience working in an Information Technology related position
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to meet high customer service standards
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Experienced and broad knowledge of the Microsoft Desktop Technology stack (O/S, Productivity Suite, etc.)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.