Senior Web Developer
About the job
Trampoline is one of the region’s largest and most respected full-service marketing and digital agencies. Driven by a fantastic team filled with passion and entrepreneurial spirit—we live by our mantra “to be a force of positive change.” A guiding principle we’re able to activate on and enjoy the results of, via work with our broad range of clients—most of which hail from this amazing part of the world. This proximity to our clients allows us to see the impact of our work first-hand.
We’re seeking a Senior Web Developer. You will be an integral part of the digital team, with hands-on efforts on projects serving complex business-critical needs, such as e-commerce, custom CRM platforms, custom SaaS platforms, integrations with APIs, and custom integrations with 3rd party platforms. The day-to-day can be diverse and dynamic. You’ll play a key part in meeting challenges spanning a wide variety of verticals, and this role has the potential to grow into other exciting areas. The ideal candidate will be a team player, top collaborator, skilled developer, strategic thinker, and confident project multi-tasker.
Cookie-cutter brochure sites are not our thing. Instead, we work in true partnership with our clients to understand their challenges, uncover opportunities, and deliver highly integrated, accessible solutions.
While experience and skillsets are important, the right fit, attitude, and growth potential are equally important.
- Responsible for website architecture and custom development of [sometimes] complex custom modules
- Develop and integrate with 3rd party applications and APIs to transfer data between systems
- Assist project managers to break down projects into phases and assign relevant development resources
- Collaborating with teammates across agency disciplines
- Code reviews
- Participation in team knowledge sharing sessions
- Consideration of User experience within the development process
- Client presentations
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a fee-for-service position
- 5+ years of PHP Development experience (Drupal considered a strong asset)
- Ability to write custom modules/plugins for project-specific functionality
- Understanding of modern build practices, including performance optimizations and security considerations
- Strong software system troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Interest in online accessibility and usability
- Great attention to detail, well organized, and able to work independently and collaborate as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent relevant experience