Senior Systems Analyst
St. Francis Xavier University, located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, is a top-ranking Canadian university focused on academic excellence, innovation in teaching and research, service to society and international outreach. StFX is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to join the Information Technology Services team. We offer a collaborative, respectful atmosphere, modern technologies, and projects where you can make an immediate impact with your knowledge, ideas, and experience.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, the Senior Systems Analyst is a member of the team responsible for the management of the university’s technology infrastructure. You will use your technical expertise to implement, secure and maintain mission critical systems that support institutional computing requirements by:
- Performing installation, configuration, optimization, and regular maintenance of a variety of technologies including servers, storage and backup, specialized appliances, applications, and enterprise databases.
- Participating in the implementation, maintenance and enforcement of system management, access, and security policies and procedures.
- Implementing, configuring, and monitoring systems logging.
- Providing end-user support for enterprise and departmental systems and applications.
- Ensuring protection and recoverability of the university’s IT assets through the maintenance and management of reliable backup systems, procedures, and processes.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of specialized technologies and industry trends.
- Researching potential IT solutions and determining appropriateness for the organization.
- Contributing to the development of project plans, budget estimates and tendering requirements for complex, institution-wide systems implementation projects.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive systems documentation.
- A university degree or diploma related to Information Systems, Math, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in enterprise systems management with an emphasis on Microsoft Server technologies, enterprise directory, virtualization, data recovery, and database systems.
- Ability to understand and adapt quickly to changing threat landscapes and identify opportunities to eliminate risks.
- A proven team player who exhibits a high degree of creative problem-solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management and organization skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with team members, clients, and external parties.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Specific systems education and certifications such as Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, Oracle would be an asset.
- Direct work experience in higher education would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated project management experience and knowledge of ITIL framework would be an asset.
StFX employees work in an open and challenging environment with other members of our dedicated faculty and staff. Employees join the Xaverian community on our beautiful campus and have the opportunity to contribute to everyday Xaverian life and help foster inclusivity and sense of closeness that embodies the Xaverian community.
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, and employees participate in the university’s pension plan. Other benefits include paid vacation and holidays (including university winter break), and tuition discounts for employees/dependants.
StFX is committed to supporting the well-being of the whole person through a comprehensive effort that includes key elements of a healthy workplace: physical environment, healthy lifestyles, mental health, and workplace culture. Various wellness resources are available to employees and eligible family members including an Employee and Family Assistance Program, and culturally relevant services for members of the StFX community who identify as Indigenous or as persons of African Descent.
Just two hours east of Halifax, the Antigonish community is nestled in the heart of the highlands and is bustling with life. With a diverse and growing population, Antigonish is a family friendly town with access to education, recreation, sports, and cultural activities. Surrounded by rolling countryside, hiking trails and beautiful beaches, Antigonish offers you not just a place to live, but a community to call home.
IT Services encourages and supports your growth (technical and leadership) through formal training, professional development, and mentorship. We offer remote or hybrid work where possible and promote work/life balance.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. To express an interest in this role, please direct your application in confidence to:
St. Francis Xavier University
St. Francis Xavier University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
Our institution is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), racialized persons (especially African Nova Scotians), persons with disabilities, those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+ and any others who would contribute to the diversity of our community. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 902- 867-5038.