Senior Software Engineer
At Proposify, we value and celebrate the diversity of our team and welcome applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Executive will focus on identifying and acquiring new SMB customers. By prospecting, communicating value, and closing deals in your territory, your success will play an integral role in building our sales revenue and our business!
Join a team that is invested in your future, who provides training, coaching, and career path development. Your voice matters and we want to hear it. Our sales team works together to test new ideas before we go all in. If you are curious and coachable, come make Proposify a place to learn, grow and accelerate your career.
Proposify is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia; but this is a remote position and we are welcoming applications across Canada.
What you’ll love doing:
- Perform expert-level programming tasks;
- Develop features, while envisioning creative solutions for evolving system design and architecture;
- Balance a sense of urgency with pragmatism to deliver high-quality solutions quickly, that are performant, scalable, and maintainable;
- Help shape coding methodologies and best practices;
- Be a participant in, and key contributor to, scrum ceremonies and other meetings;
- Work closely with the QA, Product, and Design teams and all other stakeholders to ensure quality and punctual software development;
- Communicate with co-workers in a professional and friendly manner;
- Participate in peer reviews, meet with other engineers in the team to discuss problems of, and possible solutions to, a task;
- Explore the solution space of large, poorly understood problems, and leverage skill, experience, and creativity to determine the best course of action;
- Understand the limits of available tools, and recognize when a problem requires the development (or introduction) of a new tool;
- Provide in-depth problem analysis of application infrastructure;
- Guide more junior engineers towards correct solutions while encouraging collaboration;
What we will love about you:
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Mastery of development best practices, and the tools needed to diagnose, debug, and resolve issues in any environment.
- Proven experience with architecture and design for complex systems, and the ability to explain design considerations and trade-offs to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about continued learning and career growth.
What you’ll love about us:
While Proposify world headquarters is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, we are a 100% remote company with employees working from all over the world. We’ve invested in all of the systems and tools that make remote work enjoyable, productive, and connected.
People feel empowered to do their best work and test out ideas. They don’t just ask ‘Why?’ but try ‘Why not?’ We are a team that embraces the new, the maybe, the unknown because we know that’s where growth lies; just beyond our comfort zone, just beyond what the experts say, and way beyond the way- we’ve-always-done-things.
Everyone is a leader in their role and has the autonomy and responsibility to contribute, to change, and to challenge. We don’t care how many hours people work, we care about the quality and impact of their work.
We get shit done. We get shit done fast. We are not a static company; we are moving forward and continually evolving to make things better for our business and the businesses of our customers.
We have flex hours so employees can design their day to work when they’re most productive, and allow for time each day to spend with family and friends, take advantage of nice weather, focus on wellness, and pursue their hobbies and passions.
Some of our benefits include:
- Company provided and paid health benefits from the day you start.
- RRSP matching program from the day you start with no resting period.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start; paid sick leave; personal days; company wide end of year break.
- Brightpass (free online fitness and wellness courses).
- Flexible working hours.