Senior Service Now Developer
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In the digital economy, it takes more than good ideas and strong leadership to thrive. Upgrading outdated processes, systems and information is vital – but can be a risky investment in such a rapidly changing environment. That’s why some of the most prestigious businesses worldwide look to us for authoritative, agile and efficient solutions for business decision-making. As our ServiceNow Senior Designer/Developer you’ll play a leading role in that mission, providing the competitive edge our customers need to overcome some of the biggest creative and technical challenges around.
Your key responsibilities
Working under a project or engagement manager, you’ll get an opportunity to be on the frontlines of exciting projects, working on new deployments, upgrades, integrations, mobile interfaces, reporting / dashboards or supporting their existing instances.
Primarily you will work to:
- Develop, administer and support various aspects of the ServiceNow platform
- Assist in managing client expectations
- Provide quality client communication
- Equate business requirements to ITSM processes
- Participate in quality and review meetings of overall project progress
- Maintain communication with all key project members internally and externally
- Resolve technical issues
- Assist in the preparation of writing Statements of Work and proposals
- Demonstrate a passion for client success and serve as front line customer advocate
- Support the overall relationship and revenue management of the account
- Identify new business opportunities within accounts and seek to create, develop and strengthen strategic client relationships
- Assist in the project reviews to assess project outcomes and team performance
Skills and attributes for success
- Fully capable of resolving technical issues with software application (ServiceNow is a plus)
- Sound working knowledge of Java, scripting and AngularJS
- ITSM environment exposure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and different projects
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specs
- Experience with SDLC – Agile/Waterfall developments
- An open mind, flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to learn and develop technical skills through self-learning
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
- Experience with other modules of ServiceNow: CSM, HRSD, GRC, SecOps, ITOM, ITBM, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 3+ years experience working with ITSM tools in a development capacity (ServiceNow is a plus)
Ideally, you’ll also have knowledge of:
- Web Services
What we look for:
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding technical consultants to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the ServiceNow platform, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you love technology and have a passion for working on new projects, new technologies, and new challenges, and want to hone your technical skills, this opportunity is for you.
What we offer:
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.