Senior SEO Strategist
A little bit about us:
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class. We’re a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We’re a cohesive team of more than 160 skilled marketing & technology experts whose passions and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader.
We’re on a hyper-growth track to global success, while still maintaining the atmosphere of a small company. Challenge yourself wherever you are in your career and join us at the crossroads of innovation and results! If you’re looking for accelerated opportunities where you can feel empowered to grow, learn, and contribute, join us today.
Is this role right for you:
The Senior SEO Strategist reports to the Regional Head of SEO and works closely with commercial, business, product, marketing, performance optimization, and development teams to ensure optimal organic search positioning for multiple web properties across the globe.
Our primary goal – as the Search Team – is to help create a robust organic search program that’s scalable and provides the best user experience on the web properties that we service, to help drive leads for our clients with affiliate marketing.
Does the idea of working in a company with a team of true believers, obsessively results-focused, open-minded action takers, and people who are always in it to win it, excite you?
What we want you to own in this role:
- Deliver exceptional results for the business across client portfolio through proactive strategy and critical thinking:
- Drive >10% organic traffic growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing and innovating on resulta’s SEO systems.
- Drive >5% organic conversion growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing and innovating on resulta’s SEO systems.
- Drive >15% organic ranking increases across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing and innovating on resulta’s SEO systems.
- Maintain and build industry insight and expertise:
- Mentoring SEO Specialists to continue to deliver on expectations to meet annual OKR targets;
- Maintain knowledge about the latest SEO tools, affiliate marketing trends, and experimental or tested tactics.
- Monitor industry-wide changes and developments.
- Enhance customer experience by improving the customer search journey end-to-end by executing and analyzing SEO experiments for continuous improvements.
- Collaborate with Content Team to ensure all the on-page optimizations are carried out in a timely fashion and record progress post-implementations;
- Take ownership of the tasks assigned and reporting on the progress to your department head;
- Discover & evaluate organic competitors and prepare Content Gap Analysis reports;
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and content;
- Assist in preparing Backlink audits and fixing errors found in Google Search Console;
- Create and update tasks in JIRA [Project Management Tool] and collaborate across teams;
- Perform timely follow-ups across teams to ensure Technical, On-Page and Off-Page recommendations are actioned correctly for the web properties in your portfolio;
- Create weekly reports for the web properties in your portfolio, capturing progress with
- Search Visibility, Site Health, Domain Authority and Keyword Growth in Top 10 SERP.
A little bit about you and your qualifications:
- 5+ years of working in SEO;
- Bachelors degree;
- A passion for SEO and demonstrated results with organic search strategy, content strategy, and implementation, particularly in affiliate marketing;
- High proficiency with SEO tools, website standards, usability testing, website reporting tools, and web analytics;
- High proficiency in Google Analytics & Google Search Console;
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML/CSS;
- Working knowledge of tools such as: SEMRush, AHREFS, LinkResearch Tools,
- ScreamingFrog, Moz and other tools for organic traffic measurement;
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative metrics to communicate progress and identify meaningful trends;
- A passion for internet performance-marketing;
- Excellent attention to detail, but not to the level of “paralysis by analysis”;
- Intermediate functional knowledge of Excel.
- Bonus: Understanding of & passion for North American Sports (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, among other popular sports)
What’s in it for you:
- Equipment you need to thrive in your role
- We invest in our employees through various career development programs
- Unlimited sick days, enhanced flexible work hours, and an annual fitness allowance
- 3 weeks annual vacation time, with extra vacation time accrued annually
- Full benefits from day 1 for you and your family– including 100% employer-paid coverage for Health and Dental benefits
- Generous Maternity Leave Top-Up program
- Group RSP with matching employer contributions
- A beautiful waterfront view with an in-office gym, office bar, and whole lot more!
#Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!
More about us:
Our current obsession? Creating an inclusive workplace community that encourages innovative thinking and supports meaningful growth.
Our superpower? We don’t just hire top talent; we cultivate visionaries with entrepreneurial spirits and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We’re not just do-ers, we’re motivators, collaborators, and high performers who work hard, and play harder.
How do we conduct business? We put our people and culture above everything. We’re collaborators who are dedicated to the success and enrichment of our employees, and understand the importance of disconnecting, and balancing work with our personal lives.