Senior Scrum Master
The RBC Team in Halifax will be hiring for multiple Senior Scrum Master and Project Manager roles on the Financial Crimes, Finance IT, Risk IT, Fraud and Insurance teams. This role will require you to be located in the Halifax / Nova Scotia region and be able to commute to the office if needed. As a Senior Scrum Master / Project Manager you facilitate and lead the agile program processes and their execution, escalates impediments, manages risks and help drive program level continuous improvement. Additionally, this role is responsible for facilitating program events such as Program backlog refinement, program increment planning and big room planning, retrospectives and scrum of scrums.
Success of this role is measured in terms of how well program processes are being planned and executed as well as the success and predictability of the teams delivering on the program objectives and commitments.
What will you do?
- Drive prioritization and successful completion of key projects in flight and plan/initiation of new projects to maintain persistent teams
- Accountable alongside the team for the achievement of release objectives and results that meet stakeholders’ needs and expectations
- Ability to track and report program work and ensure compliance with quality standards, including managing supplier agreements; ability to create and maintain inventory of program dependencies and manage cross-project/program milestones
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements; track project costs in order to meet budget; determine and define project scope and objectives
- Communicate cross functionally, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; Report team progress and accomplishment on a consistent basis to various stakeholders (up & across) about strategy, adjustments, accomplishments and risks/impediments; manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Motivate, coach and mentor teams through continuous improvement through agile best practices and NextGen technology strategy encouraging growth of key technology strategy (Cloud, re-use of APIs and code repositories, DevOps, Quality
- Engineering including Automation)
- Assist with the definition of target operating model; ability to evaluate, test, and recommend enhancements and changes, identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Ability to drive the solution design process; ability to speak with development team about features, issues and potential solutions with a high degree of technical sophistication.
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree (preferred) – Preferably in Business, Technology or Financial Services along with 5+ years successfully delivering and simultaneously managing a minimum of 3 Projects (medium-to-large scale initiatives) using influence to facilitate to outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of Agile principles, mindset and frameworks, particularly within the RBC context; certification in at least one
- Agile designation (CSM, CSPO, SAFe Agilist)
- Strategic thinker who is able to connect the dots and see things from a big picture perspective
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and dynamic environment with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent business communication and stakeholder management skills.
- A can-do attitude with sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a flexible environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team at a world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to build close relationships with key stakeholders
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies via internal mobility