Senior Product Manager, Fan Monetization
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, W Ventures, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Fan Monetization team. In this role, you will play a key part in shaping a new emerging monetization model for thousands of writers. If you are passionate about fandom, storytelling, the creator economy, and pioneering products for 90M users, then this is the role for you.
Your role as a Senior Product Manager will be to connect this product vision to business challenges and technology opportunities. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team including engineering, design, marketing, and analytics. You will work to understand and solve the needs of users while ensuring we can meet our business goals. You will help facilitate the process of determining the best solutions in collaboration with your team, and you will be the representative of the team to ensure the team’s efforts are aligned to the needs of the organization and supported by appropriate stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a multi-functional team to create, evolve and maintain our fan monetization experience
- Own and manage the product roadmap for this team
- Be responsible for hitting goals
- Facilitate a strong product discovery process around understanding users, partners and stakeholder needs constantly validating hypotheses
- Work closely with our engineering teams to better define, implement and iterate on solutions together
- Clearly define and prioritize challenges and opportunities to ensure we are working on the right things at the right time
- Work closely with the 10+ product management team to ensure a cohesive and integrated product experience that meets the needs of our 90M users
- Build strong relationships across the company to help solve problems together
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4-6 years of professional experience as a product manager
- Passion for storytelling and the creator economy
- Have strong product instincts about getting from a customer pain point to an underlying problem
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, with experience managing a variety of stakeholders
- Data-driven/analytical mindset with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks and prioritize them and work comfortably in forecasts and revenue predictions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology systems, particularly interest in scaling monetary platform products
- Natural curiosity with a thirst to validate assumptions with data, insight and peer discussions to inform yourself better
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, or UX
- Design or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and investing in your learning, and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered by us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly home office allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
If you happen to live near the areas of either Toronto, Ontario or Halifax, Nova Scotia, you may also have the opportunity to work from our beautiful offices – 1 located in Downtown Toronto and the other in Downtown Halifax, both with easy access to transit.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.