Senior Product Designer
Life At Covers
We’re a top digital media company in the sports betting industry, with a clear sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of our team and our culture.
When we offer a place on our team, it comes with a few promises:
- You’ll be part of an all-star team. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- We take care of each other. We know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in well-being and belonging.
- When you grow, we grow. We’re a rapidly growing company so ample opportunity exists here, and we hold a firm belief that when we’re all growing, we all win.
- You’ll do work that matters. We believe in meaningful work. In part it’s the impact we have and in part it’s the freedom and ownership in our work and pursuit of our passions.
We make these promises because we want to be a place where you can do your best work, as part of a truly exceptional team. In return, we expect that you’ll seek out opportunities to contribute, grow and create. That you’ll bring your A-game and keep building on it, with humility and eagerness to learn. That you’ll soak up our expertise and teach us yours. And that you’ll truly enjoy being here, with us.
What Matters Most To Us
We understand that our industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. We’ve created, and continue to improve on being, a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all.
We welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group. It’s more important to us that you love who you are and bring that to thrive here, than loving sports (although we don’t discourage playful sports banter, puns and competition!).
Why You Want This Role
Our Senior Product Designers are embedded into our cross-functional squads and are responsible for helping us to enhance user experiences. You’ll also be coaching and mentoring a small team of designers to enhance their skills and produce world-class designs!
What You’ll Do
- Shape the user experience using typography, space, colour, layouts, and mixed media
- Be responsible for the UI design, design systems and standards that we use for our products
- Develop an understanding of our business goals and how they connect to user needs
- Experience conducting UX research and workshop facilitation
- Collaborate with engineering, product, content, experimentation, and UX research to inform your designs
- Use both qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and validate your designs
- Coach and mentor Product Designers to enhance skills and produce world-class design
- Contributing member of the UX & Design chapter that supports our growth and success
- Be confident in giving and receiving feedback to everyone you work with
- Enjoy being hands-on with a focus on designing screens and shipping things
- Learn and partner with front-end developers to understand how our products are engineered
- Help define long and short-term product design strategies
- Optimize our discovery and delivery processes
- Assist in the coaching and mentoring of Product Designers
- Be a key decision-maker and work alongside stakeholders to drive metrics
What You’ll Bring
- Experience designing and shipping impactful mobile-first products
- A broad range of skills covering process, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with modern design tools like Figma and are quick to adopt better tools
- You love thinking big and at the same time, you know when to apply attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge or experience in the Sports or Betting industry
- Experience with code or ‘no-code’ platforms
What We Can Do For You
- Competitive base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus based on company performance
- 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays off, birthday off
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company-matched pension contributions
- Self-driven yearly training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture