Senior Manager, Risk & Forensics [Internal Audit & Internal Controls]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Manager, Risk & Forensics [Internal Audit and Internal Controls] your responsibilities will include:
- Managing risk-based engagements with a focus on Internal Audit, Risk Management, and Internal Controls Advisory Services, including:
- Internal audit planning and management of internal audit projects;
- Procedures to evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of processes in scope of internal audit plans as well as CEO / CFO certification (i.e., SOX / NI 52-109);
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients, and gain an understanding of clients’ industry and issues;
- Leading and development of colleagues on the team and across the BU;
- Supervising and providing oversight of colleagues on engagements;
- Attracting and retaining colleagues to continue to support the growth of the practice;
- Actively participating in the business unit, service line, community and firm by contributing to the development and execution of the firm’s strategy and business plan; and
- Contributing to new business development by understanding and identifying needs of our existing clients, and prospective clients through cross-functional interaction with other Grant Thornton service lines.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Risk & Forensics [Internal Audit and Internal Controls]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant area (e.g., business management, commerce, accounting, information technology, etc.)
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in performing audits and risk-based assessments (e.g., financial, operational, internal audit, IT, etc.)
- Relevant professional designations are an asset (CPA, CISA, CISSP, CITP, CIPP/C, CFE, CIA, CRMA, etc.)
- Experience in Internal audit, risk management, and compliance
- Ability to grasp new technology (i.e., software and tools, internal and external)
- Excellent written and verbal communication; Strong attention-to-detail, well-developed analytical and unstructured problem-solving skills
- Ability to think innovatively (i.e., outside of the box)
- Confident and team focused, able to interact well with peers and clients, and to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Experience in leading, managing, and developing other team members
- Ability to interview professionals at all levels including those in senior management and boards
- Project management experience required as well as experience in managing complex engagements
- Ability to work in a changing environment to consistently achieve quality standards
- Ability to travel to client sites
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.