Senior Java Developer
This is an opportunity for an agile Java developer with a background in test-driven development (TDD), a craftsman’s mindset to coding and a willingness to take ownership of delivery from shaping requirements to implementation and testing. You will gain exposure to cutting-edge technology (e.g., Solace, Cloud-based technologies). You will also help shape the technology strategy and help define the way the team works through regular retrospectives. You will be working on a codebase largely written in Java 8 and based on a microservices architecture and will be committed to writing clean code.
As part of the RBC Capital market Regulatory and Risk Technology team, you will be responsible for developing back-office systems dealing with regulatory requirements across various derivative asset classes for RBC and over time you will acquire valuable business knowledge about derivative trades.
What will you do?
- Design and develop solutions that meet business and non-functional requirements, while ensuring compliance with overall application and technology architecture policies and target state standards.
- Contribute fully to the development of applications and products, involving detailed design, TDD across the whole lifecycle.
- Create quality tested code, understanding stakeholder’s goals through discussion and demonstrating solutions.
- Complete unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystem and produce code that is secure, stable and operational before handover to Run the Bank team.
- Work with various teams across the business to manage all aspects of implementation planning & coordination of releases.
- Participant in planning/testing DR/BCP tests.
- Join a dynamic agile team that enjoys success through collaboration and mutual respect.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience with Java 8
- Cloud-based application development knowledge
- Google Compute Platform /Amazon Web Service
- Hibernate, high throughput multithreading/currency, JMS/Solace, XML, JSON, Sybase (or similar RDBMS), REST/SOAP, good knowledge of building software for Linux.
- Spring, Oracle (SQL), MongoDB, XML, JMS, Soap/RestFul Service
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Professional experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties.
- Business knowledge (Advantage but not essential) on derivative trade, trade reporting and FpML
- Knowledge of DevOps.
- Working and managing offshore vendor team.
What’s in it for you?
- Have a real stake and contribution to the technical direction for all development, and architecture initiatives ensuring to the best overall IT architectural direction.
- Drives implementation, contributes and participates in team development and process discussions.
- Work directly with stakeholders and Users to ensure a fit to purpose and reactive solutions to their business requirements.