The Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s Talk About The Team And You
ResMed changes life by developing, manufacturing, and distributing medical equipment for treating, diagnosing, and managing sleep-disordered breathing and other respiratory disorders.
Our IT Operations group has an exciting new opportunity available that will work with local and global management on the development, and operational support activities of the information technology infrastructure.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Manages daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, system resources, and key processes.
- Partners with other members of the Operations and Engineering staff to ensure efficient application and service delivery.
- Functions as the point of escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 resources supporting infrastructure requests, incidents, and implementations.
- Develop and implement processes to maintain servers and SAN storage for high availability to include service and maintenance automation.
- Provide top of class operational support of virtualization, cloud interconnects, and automation solutions to drive ResMed’s business goals and offerings.
- Act as the technical SME for all Virtualization, Systems, Storage, and Automation functional areas for global infrastructure.
- Provide advanced to expert level knowledge of enterprise storage systems, cloud storage platforms, and replication technologies.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for networking and connectivity elements of systems and infrastructure.
- Provide technical and functional systems and infrastructure requirements to the network, security, compliance, and project teams to deliver successful technology integrations and implementations.
- Respond to escalated service requests/priority incidents facilitating resolution or further escalation as required.
- Provide innovative enhancements to all processes and deployment initiatives by way of automation, cost savings, and process efficiencies while consistently driving a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Ensure Disaster Recovery processes are in place and tested; participate in future DR solutioning initiatives.
- Work with Security Analysts to ensure operating systems comply with established security standards.
- Work with DBAs and Technical Architects to provide infrastructure and systems telemetry for performance, risk, and capacity management.
- Work with vendors to provide requirements on ResMed systems and infrastructure.
- Drive vendors to achieve ResMed’s expectations in regards to performance, reliability and other areas as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Operations Team as part of a 24×7 global support group to establish on-call schedules and collaboratively plan and execute off-hour installation and maintenance procedures.
- Ensure policies and procedures are documented and stored in a central repository.
Let’s Talk About Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, will accept experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a computer-related field with a focus on servers, systems, and infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing Linux (Red Hat)/ Windows 12/16/19 Servers.
- Experience with Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, and Powershell.
- Significant experience and knowledge with VMware.
- Significant experience and knowledge of SAN Administration.
- Significant knowledge of converged infrastructures such as VCE vBlock, Pure Storage Arrays, Cisco UCS, Dell/EMC.
- Significant knowledge in enterprise configuration management SCCM/Satellite.
- Significant experience in Backup/Restores technologies to include Avamar, DataDomain and Rubrix cloud-based solutions.
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud to storage interfaces.
- Experience with server automation and fault reporting tools.
- Ability to operate in a time-sensitive manner and understanding situational urgency while driving issue resolution.
- Comfortable with client inter-relations at a professional level.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!