Senior ETL/Datastage Developer, Data Services Platform
A key opportunity within the Finance and Risk Data Office (FRDMO) where you will be responsible for design and development of new and extend existing applications and interfaces. The Data Services Platform team leverages a wide range of new and existing technology levers to transform operations and automate end to end data quality controls for Business Managed Applications (BMA) and manage FRDMO technology infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Work within an Agile product team composed of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products. The product team will be responsible for both building new functionality and maintaining business managed applications (BMA).
- Propose innovative solutions that takes into account the Process Optimization, enterprise architecture strategies and analyze the viability of the solution to meet program timeline, budget and quality.
- Design and develop code structures for both internal and external partners ensuring high code quality through automated unit and functional testing.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation, including solution document, test procedures and test results.
- Manage application coding standards in compliance with industry best-practices to promote scalability and reusability across applications.
- Co-ordinate with CDO, RTB teams to manage the platform health and promote code into production.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of technical development experience in ETL tools (IBM Datastage, Informatica etc.)
- 5+ experience in SQL scripting on DB2, SQL Server or similar.
- 3+ experience in Windows or Unix shell scripting.
- Experience in Agile methodology, Source Code versioning, Dev-ops techniques like Jira, GitHub, UrbanCode, Jenkins etc.
Nice to have
- Experience of at least one procedural/object-oriented programming language (Python, C, C#, Java or similar).
- Experience on scheduling tools (Control-M, Stone Branch etc.)
- Knowledge of other Data Quality, Data Management, and Data Governance tools like IBM Information Analyzer, IDQ, Collibra etc.
- Experience with business intelligence and analytics tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Oracle BI etc.