Senior Data Scientist
What we do
GSTS (Global Spatial Technology Solutions) is a leading-edge Artificial Intelligence company developing solutions for the maritime sector. Our solutions allow for real time decision-making intelligence to save lives, energy, and the environment.
GSTS seeks exceptional talent to support recently awarded contracts, ongoing projects, and company growth. We seek individuals with drive, initiative, and motivation to join our team and make the world a safer, greener place for all. www.gsts.ca
As part of the Data Science Group you will:
- Solve interesting problems using satellite data and imagery, maritime related datasets, signal, or time series analysis, etc.
- Develop and implement software products, interpret data, and analyze results using statistical techniques and advanced data analysis routines (including artificial intelligence)
- Create models and perform testing and validation
- Work with peer developers to ensure data solutions are consistent and ensure automated processes to preserve data availability and integration processes
- Create reports to share your findings and recommendations with the internal team and other stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Over 5+ years of experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in developing, implementing (data exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation) Machine Learning Algorithms and ML Frameworks (i.e. Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Spark MLib, Caffe)
- Experience in developing and implementing Deep Learning models
- Experience in spatial-temporal data analysis, data manipulation, and interpretation
- Knowledge of R, Python, Scala, Java, or C++
- Proficiency in SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work and learn autonomously
- Strong attention to detail including clear, concise and thorough documentation skills
- Ability to listen and develop a deep understanding of project, product and client requirements
- Strong self-initiative and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Beneficial Experience and Qualifications:
- PhD in a quantitative field
- Deploy batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies
- Ability to think abstractly and to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with AWS technologies
Candidates must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents of Canada; or a citizen of a NATO country and hold or be eligible to obtain a Government Security Clearance. Candidates must be willing to obtain a criminal background check.
Why work for us?
GSTS is an exciting company developing solutions using the latest in Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and various other cutting-edge technologies, striving to make a real-world difference.
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging amongst our team. We have placed an emphasis on fostering a diverse, collaborative and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
GSTS offers a competitive salary and benefits package, if you think this challenge is right for you, we encourage you to apply, forwarding your cover letter, current resume and contact information to email@example.com
We thank all candidates that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.