Senior Data Modeler (North America, Remote)
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity – Product Analyst
FreshBooks is seeking a Senior Data Modeller to join our team. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. If this profile sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do As A Senior Date Modeller
- Assume a technical leadership role on our Data Engineering team to help us architect our data warehouse and related processes.
- Become an expert in our business and help translate that expertise into analytics table designs that balance ease of use for our data consumers with warehouse performance at scale.
- Work closely with our Data Analytics, Data Products and Data Science teams to understand their data consumption habits and represent their needs in your recommendations to our Data Engineers for design and implementation.
- Contribute to our Data & Analytics roadmaps, providing design consultation for our enterprise data warehouse and related storage architecture, setting us up for success over the long term.
- Collaborate with senior technical leaders from across the organization to help us with our big picture, enterprise technology choices.
- Be a coach for Data Engineers and an advocate for high quality design choices.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Enthusiasm for data and analytics!
- 8+ years experience in the data and analytics industry including 3+ years designing and maintaining data models.
- Expertise designing and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Expertise with Google Cloud, or another major cloud provider like AWS or Azure.
- Expertise with BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar cloud data warehouse technologies.
- Strong SQL skills and expertise optimizing data warehouse objects.
- Strong skills working with operational and transactional OLTP data structures and representing these in OLAP structures for analytics use cases.
You’ll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Experience designing data infrastructure for consumption in Looker.
- Expertise with data modeling software like Erwin, Powerdesigner, etc.
- Expertise with DBT.
- A limitless imagination for where data could go and what we can do with it to make our customers and our people awesome!
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you’re passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn’t meet every bullet on the above lists, we’d love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.