Senior Cloud Engineer
Who We are
Mariner innovates always and everywhere, turning novel ideas into practical solutions. From products and services to venture creation, we build better futures powered by people.
Our purpose has always been to be a great, everlasting technology company for those who make an impact – elevating people, data, and technology in the best way to solve hard problems.
We partner with people embracing change, leveraging data, cybersecurity, cloud, and change management to drive successful business outcomes that matter to our customers.
Mariners build for change. Like SHIFT Energy, our energy management and decarbonization company. Or East Valley Ventures, created to scale social economic impact in our communities through investment and mentorship of emerging change-makers and their companies.
Mariner’s purpose has always been to be a great, everlasting technology company and the core values that guide us every day are:
- We care for our team.
- We care about the impact we have on our community.
- We serve by solving complex problems.
- We grow because growth fuels opportunities.
- We innovate always and everywhere.
- We build a business that lasts.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Senior Cloud Engineer will lead Architecture, Design, and Implementation activities for large scale Azure hybrid cloud deployments in the Azure Public Cloud. He/she will work with extended team of infrastructure architects, data architects, and software architects to build solutions for Mariner’s clients in public sector, utilities, telecommunications, and other industrial sectors.
The Cloud Engineer will provide architectural leadership and mentorship both within Mariner, and within our clients’ technical teams.
This role is a Consultant position. The successful candidate will be well versed in all phases of the consulting cycle from pre-sales through the design and delivery. He/she will be comfortable presenting complex technical concepts at an appropriate level for a wide range of audiences (technical, management, and executive).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING IN THE ROLE:
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud infrastructure solutions on Azure, ensuring scalability, reliability, and security.
- Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Develop architectural design documents, including diagrams, specifications, and best practices guidelines.
- Implement automation tools and processes to streamline cloud deployments and operations.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve our cloud services offerings
WHAT SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO DO THE JOB:
The Cloud Engineer will have extensive technical skills within the Azure technology ecosystem, and will be required to have expert level understanding of most or all of the following:
- Working with cloud databases and managed databases.
- Architecture and design of large-scale Azure hybrid cloud deployments.
- Azure Storage, File Management, and Resource Groups.
- Azure Security Solutions and Federated Azure Active Directory (AD).
- Azure Event Hub and Azure Data Factory.
- High availability data redundancy, data loss prevention, site recovery, and resilience.
- High throughput and scalable architectures; and capacity planning and load balancing strategies.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Azure Security solutions.
- Performance monitoring Azure Application Insights.
- Strong general background in legacy infrastructures, networking, Windows Virtual Desktop, and security related infrastructure.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Relevant industry certifications including some combination of Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate, TOGAF, MCSE’s in Cloud and/or Infrastructure, and CCSP.
- 5+ years professional experience in a large enterprise or professional services (preferred) environment.
- Exceptional oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Specific experience working with Public Service, Utility, and Telecommunication organizations of all sizes (strongly preferred)
…AND YOU ARE…
- Always improving your skills and knowledge: you want to be the best at what you do
- Curious and creative; comfortable taking on new problems and challenges
- A self-starter with the ability to recommend priorities to the project leader
- Comfortable working through problems and figuring things out with minimal supervision
- Great problem-solving skills: thorough and reliable
- Able to work in a team: share knowledge and assist other team members
- A good communicator: able to explain your ideas and recommendations
- Well organized and dependable under pressure: you manage your time effectively
- Energized by our company values!
MARINER OFFERS YOU:
- A values-driven workplace where people really matter.
- Flexible work location
- Support for remote work/work from home
- Competitive salary, retirement savings program, and rewards program
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans and access to e-health care
- Paid vacation, maternity/parental leave, paid sick leave and paid Mariner MyLife days
- Unlimited training
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work! Not only are we passionate about nurturing a thriving technology sector here in Atlantic Canada, but we are also committed to solving technology challenges that will make an impact worldwide. Technology is everlasting, and we take pride in connecting world class talent to world class projects and business solutions.
If you are an IT Professional, Software Professional, or Management Consultant, that is passionate about career development, data, and problem solving, we want to hear from you! If this sounds like someone you know, share this with them so they do not miss the opportunity to experience Mariner!
To achieve this, we know we need to be all in on training and development of our team so we can continue to move the needle in the technology sector together. Of course, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to our team, but our competitive edge is the development and training that our team experiences every day.
Be part of our vibrant community that values diversity and embraces inclusion at every level. We are committed to fostering a culture where individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life feel empowered to contribute their unique perspectives. Our collaborative environment celebrates the richness of ideas and experiences, and we believe that by embracing diversity, we can achieve greater innovation and excellence together. Come and help us create a workplace that reflects the beautiful tapestry of our global community.