Senior Back-End Software Developer (Python)
A little bit about us:
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class. We’re a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We’re a cohesive team of more than 160 skilled marketing & technology experts whose passions and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader.
We’re on a hyper-growth track to global success, while still maintaining the atmosphere of a small company. Challenge yourself wherever you are in your career and join us at the crossroads of innovation and results! If you’re looking for accelerated opportunities where you can feel empowered to grow, learn, and contribute, join us today.
Is this role right for you:
As a Senior Back-End Software Developer (Python), you will code the APIs, Data Streaming Services, ETL Processes, Business Intelligence Applications, and Automated Services that drive critical, fresh data to a broad spectrum of website properties and data reporting tools. You will handle maintenance and feature additions to our BE applications, but also frequently create new, from-scratch applications and services using new technologies and platforms.
You will help to drive architecture and technical decision making for our back-end software products, and help to guide and mentor other developers in their learning. You pick up new technologies quickly and enjoy frequently having new technical problems to solve.
You’re passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
What we want you to own in this role:
- Work closely with team members to maintain existing back-end services and design/create new back-end services & features;
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code;
- Drive estimation and architecture for new and existing products;
- Learn new technologies and frameworks as needed to solve new technical problems;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Maintain high software development standards by following established good practices and habits;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards.
A little bit about you and your qualifications:
- 5+ years Professional Software Development Experience;
- Advanced-level to Expert-level proficiency with Python;
- Experience developing REST APIs in Django and/or Flask;
- Experience ingesting data from JSON and XML feeds;
- Experience following Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban);
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Experience with relational database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
- Experience architecting custom software applications and solutions;
- Experience communicating complex concepts effectively to your team, your manager, other teams and key company stakeholders.
Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience developing ETL processes with Apache Airflow;
- Experience with Apache Kafka;
- Experience with Machine Learning and Data Mining libraries, algorithms, frameworks and tools;
- Experience building GraphQL APIs (Graphene);
- Experience with containerization, i.e. Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB).
What’s in it for you:
- Equipment you need to thrive in your role
- We invest in our employees through various career development programs
- Unlimited sick days, enhanced flexible work hours, and an annual fitness allowance
- 3 weeks annual vacation time, with extra vacation time accrued annually
- Full benefits from day 1 for you and your family– including 100% employer-paid coverage for Health and Dental benefits
- Generous Maternity Leave Top-Up program
- Group RSP with matching employer contributions
- A beautiful waterfront view with an in-office gym, office bar, and whole lot more!
#Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!
More about us:
Our current obsession? Creating an inclusive workplace community that encourages innovative thinking and supports meaningful growth.
Our superpower? We don’t just hire top talent; we cultivate visionaries with entrepreneurial spirits and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We’re not just do-ers, we’re motivators, collaborators, and high performers who work hard, and play harder.
How do we conduct business? We put our people and culture above everything. We’re collaborators who are dedicated to the success and enrichment of our employees, and understand the importance of disconnecting, and balancing work with our personal lives.