Senior Associate, Business Risk Services [IT]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Associate, Business Risk Services [IT] your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, executing and reporting on variety of risk-based engagements with a focus on IT Assurance and Advisory Services, including:
- Controls placed in operation at service organizations based on various reporting standards (e.g., SOC 1, SOC 2, CSAE 3416, CSAE 3000, etc.);
- As part of our overall Internal audit client engagements, executing on internal audit projects that focus on cybersecurity, privacy, business continuity, disaster recovery and data analytics;
- Procedures to evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) as part of financial statement audits as well as CEO / CFO certification (i.e., SOX / NI 52-109);
- Assist with performing security assessments, such as ethical hacking (i.e., vulnerability assessments and penetration tests), security governance reviews, etc.; and
- Assist with performing data analytics and forensic (i.e., data recovery and restoration) engagements.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients, and gain an understanding of clients’ industry and issues;
- Actively participate within the business unit, service line, community and firm by contributing to the development and execution of the firm’s strategy and business plan; and
- Contribute to new business development by understanding and identifying needs of our existing clients, and prospective clients through cross-functional interaction with other Grant Thornton service lines.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Associate, Business Risk Services [IT]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant area (e.g., business management, commerce, accounting, computer science, information technology, etc.)
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in performing audits and risk-based assessments (e.g., financial, operational, internal audit, IT, etc.)
- Pursuing / Interested in relevant professional designations (CPA, CIA, CRMA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, CITP, CIPP/C)
- Internal audit, risk and compliance experience an asset but not required
- This position is for an individual proficient in IT Assurance and Advisory services with the opportunity to also work with our Governance, Risk and Compliance clients; as well as be part of a team that is a CPA pre-approved training office
- Ability to grasp new technology (i.e., software and tools, internal and external) is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication; Strong attention-to-detail, well developed analytical and unstructured problem-solving skills
- Ability to think innovatively (i.e., outside of the box)
- Confident and team focused, able to interact well with peers and clients, and to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Ability to interview professionals at all levels
- Project management experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a changing environment and to consistently achieve quality standards
- Ability to travel to client sites in Atlantic Canada (approximately 25% travel throughout a year) and periodically to other locations as needed
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.