Security & Cabling Technician
As our business grows, Cabco is seeking a Security & Cabling Technician to work out of our Dartmouth, NS office.
A self-starter with a passion for technology, you are comfortable working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative, goal-oriented atmosphere. You have a reputation for being reliable, customer-focused and approach your daily work in an efficient, highly organized manner.
What Does Cabco Bring to the Table?
- Competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package
- On-the-job training, as well as career growth
- A focus on employee wellness
- Company pension match plan
- Paid vacation and milestone service awards
- Use of company vehicle
- On-the-job paid training, mentoring and opportunity for career growth
- An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our people, customers, community, growth, integrity, and safety.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Implementation, installation, troubleshooting and integration of structured cabling and premise security solutions (CCTV, alarms, access controls) for commercial customers.
- Collaborate with the team to help design and implement solutions for both new and existing customers, based on specific needs and requirements.
- Train customers to use their equipment and provide technical service support (both remotely and on-site).
- Previous experience installing and troubleshooting CCTV, alarm systems and access controls is required.
- Knowledge of communications cabling and IP networking considered an asset.
- You have a reputation for being reliable and approach your daily work in an efficient, professional manner.
- You have a natural interest in technology and are open to further technical training and learning.
- Ability to work in a physical labour workplace.
- Willingness to travel and work nightshifts/weekends (as required).
- Ability to comply with all safety regulations and meet safety training requirements to maintain a successful safety record.
- Experience working on lifts is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.