- Requisition ID: 167868
- Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
- Job Category: IT Ecomm & Marketing Product Team
- Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Country: Canada (CA)
- Province: Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia; Ontario
- City: Stellarton, Calgary, Dartmouth, Edmonton, Stellarton, Mississauga, Vancouver, Victoria
- Location: Foord St. Office, Calgary Office, Dartmouth Office, Edmonton Office, King St. Office, Tahoe Office, Vancouver Office, Victoria Office
- Postal Code: B0K 1S0
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Hear why Bruce Burrows, SVP, Chief Information Officer is inspired to be part of the digital transformation at Sobeys Inc. Learn more about our IT opportunities and apply today!
Ready to Make an Impact?
We’re expanding our digital team and we need exceptional talent in Data, IT, and Innovation.
You are a builder, influencer, and change agent!
As a Scrum Master, you will be facilitating communication between cross functional IT teams in order to avoid project delays. In some cases, this may involve daily scrum calls to resolve any internal or external conflicts involving software vendors and IT groups.
You can effectively undertake the application lifecycle which consists of coordinating the integration, security, infrastructure, testing requests, and timelines across product deliverables. This involves supporting and aligning product workstreams, continually improving processes and reporting as well as providing ongoing support to the product manager and tech lead.
In addition, you can successfully manage backlog items into work packages/sprints and Jira item maintenance on deployment timelines. You will be the go-to-person to help remove project or backlog blockers and to ensure vendors, users, and product teams are informed and aligned.
Sobeys Inc. is investing big in technology – Join us and invest in your future!
We are on a journey to completely transform how we do business, and we offer a hybrid work model with the opportunity for additional flexibility.
Join us and you’ll be working with:
- Leading tools and systems in the exciting areas of Ecommerce or Salesforce
- Strong, collaborative team of energetic and experienced digital experts
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent communication skills in order to keep both internal and external teams updated on product backlog status, incidents, and projects
- Ongoing transparency and innovative thinking which helps to provide and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience as a Scrum Master (Project Management experience an asset) facilitating backlog management, planning, scrums and retrospectives in an agile or hybrid framework
- Familiarity with Jira/Confluence and creating of status reports
- Confidence to share new leading practices and ways to implement them
- Excellent ability to manage each project’s scope and timeline and to plan deliverables and help teams monitor performance
- Penchant for problem-solving and conflict-resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to work in ambiguous situations and open to changes
What your resume will include and demonstrate:
- Computer science background, professional certification (PMP, PSM, CSM, etc.) or equivalent preferred
- Experience and/or expertise in application/software development, support (Level 2 & 3), delivery and deployment in retail industry (preferred)
- Proactive Issue Identification
- Experience in working with outsourced service providers and vendor management
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus on innovation. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.