We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic scrum master to join our Life Science Key Account out of the Philly Metro. The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced product development driven environment. This role is intended to help software development teams achieve their goals as high performing software development teams, creating a culture of self-organization and continued improvement, consistent delivery of a shippable product, and provide a leader for Agile projects. The Scrum Master ensures clear communication and organization of the team, and coaching development team members in all aspects of the standard Agile/Scrum process. We are seeking a candidate who has proven servant leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, influence and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
As a Scrum Master, you will utilize your Agile expertise to advise a team of Process SMEs and Product Owners on their emerging Agile framework and manage regular Scrum ceremonies. You will guide the team through the planning and collaborative delivery of prioritized business performance improvement opportunities, combining expertise in schedule management, resource management, stakeholder management, financial management and scope management, all while adhering to Merck’s compliance standards.
- Act as a leader to our software development team
- Through coaching and facilitation, ensure the team follows agile processes (e.g. self-directed problem solvers) and ceremonies (Daily Standups, Estimation, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and refinement & Review/Demo).
- Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
- Help team set realistic objectives for Feature and Sprint delivery timeframes
- Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
- Keeps external stakeholders, collaborates, and other interested parties are well-informed on team progress and activities.
- Remove blockers and impediments for team.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
- Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
- Take responsibility for successful product delivery
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor team members in Agile Methodologies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing Agile methodologies
- Bachelor Degree.
- Life Science Experience would be ideal but will look at other sectors
- Minimum 3 years or experience as acting Scrum Master.
- 2-4 years practical Agile experience working directly with teams; Scrum Master or other Agile certification preferred – SAFe a big plus
- 3-5 years Project Management or Program Management experience
- Proficient in both project and product delivery methods
- Healthcare domain knowledge, specifically product development and/or RWE strongly preferred
- Regulated environment experience preferred
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence or similar tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Expert in managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solutions
- Health & Pharmaceutical (Manu)
- Scrum Master
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.