SAS and Teradata Bteq Developer
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a SAS and Teradata Bteq Developer to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA).
Join an enterprise data warehouse team environment with a focus on customer-centricity, quality, forever learning and teamwork. If you enjoy all of these values and can work completely remotely, this could be a position for you.
All of the below skill areas are required.
- 5-7 years of SAS experience developing, configuring, and administering SAS solutions.
- Should have sound Working knowledge with BASE & Advanced SAS using SAS 9.4, SAS MACROS and Stored Procedures.
- Strong SAS analytics and programming skills.
- Experience with developing, analyzing and manipulating large SAS datasets.
- Be proficient in Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient and format libraries.
- Knowledge of SAS best practices to write optimized and efficient codes to minimize runtime.
- Should have sound working knowledge with TERADATA SQL/utilities.
- Must have strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
SAS DI Consultant
- 5-7 years of experience as a SAS DI developer
- SAS Programming expertise on Base SAS, Macro, SAS EG and SAS DI.
- Proven expertise in data integration and ETL tools like SAS DI Studio etc.
- Should have expertise in the application of various transformations in SAS DI Studio.
- SAS DI Studio- Job Creation, Job Scheduling/debugging etc.
- Awareness of dimensional modelling, Star Schemas, Data Marts.
- Sourcing data from various systems and in multiple formats using SAS Code, SQL, ETLs.
- Strong experience in Data Validation, Data Quality and Error handling.
- Experience in Type I, Type II handling in ETL.
- Should have experience in Data Handling through various Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata etc.
- Ability to translate business rules into programming logic.
- Experience over SAS BI platform and UNIX Operating System will be added advantage.
- Should have working experience on Teradata and Teradata is the primary skill with utilities mentioned.
- Experience working on Teradata Utilities such as MLOAD, FLOAD etc.
- Should have good experience in writing Teradata BTEQ Scripts
- Expertise in writing complex SQL queries using multiple joins, aggregated functions, arithmetic functions.
- Performance tuning including collecting statistics, analyzing explains
- Experience in Optimizing Teradata SQL
- Experience in creating scripts using UNIX shell scripting to execute Teradata utilities.
- Good analytical and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment