Roku Developer (Remote or Halifax)
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, Paramount, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
As a Roku Developer, you’ll join a cross-functional team working on some of the world’s most recognized OTT applications for the Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, MTV, and BET+. Using industry best practices, you’ll develop top quality Roku experiences that are used by millions of people around the world.
Collaboration is the name of the game in our office which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. In this role, you’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team working on creating and supporting cutting edge Video on Demand (VOD) applications. As part of this, you’ll also be working directly with clients on projects with a rapidly changing scope and feature sets.
- 5+ years of software development in applicable technologies OR 2+ years working specifically on set-top or OTT platforms.
- Experience with Roku SDK (and Brightscript) and other VOD platforms OR strong experience and understanding of C and/or Java language.
- Proficient at generating code in existing codebases and from scratch.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Memory Management
- Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints, and Kanban
- Source Code Management (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Node Ecosystem Build Tools (Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Test & Behavior Driven Development Practices
- Integrating with API’s
- Work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work individually and with a team made up of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
- A degree in Computer Science or other relevant program is preferred.
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or similar.
- Knowledge of Component-Based Development would be an asset.
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Halifax office OR has the opportunity to be remote. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.