Sports Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for serving as the social media expert for sports-related web properties. In this role, you will create and deliver engaging social content that will help us meet and exceed annual business goals and objectives.
In collaboration with the Content team, you will develop a strategy and create original social media content, increasing engagement and growing our followers. You will also be responsible for ensuring all outgoing messaging to our social media channels, partners, media, and other stakeholders is credible, informative, compelling, authoritative, and on-brand.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Comfortable running both brand engagement and e-commerce social campaigns;
- Use tools like Adobe Creative Cloud to create visually-appealing posts;
- Use social media tools like Hootsuite and Buffer to schedule posts on multiple social channels;
- Strong understanding of the sports industry will be key in this role. You will be leading social media content creation and working with the Marketing,
- Editorial and Video teams to identify opportunities for promotion of relevant, interesting information;
- Work with Content and Marketing teams to develop, execute and measure social media content that is designed to sustain viewers’ curiosity and create buzz. Content will include but is not limited to video, images, stats/trends and infographics;
- Work in collaboration with the Content and Marketing teams to monitor social media channels and social media plug-ins to implement and encourage a two-way communication model with our social audiences;
- Research and implement best practices for writing and developing content specifically for social media channels;
- Research key audience preferences to discover and implement new trends and tactics;
- Identify opportunities to edit content provided by the Editorial team for social media consumption by ensuring it is presented in an interesting, entertaining and engaging manner that is true to the brand it represents;
- Work with the Content, Marketing and the Video and Editorial teams to evaluate and measure social media strategies, and ensure the best possible delivery of in-house content;
- Identify and suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, such as improved promotions, contests, and engaging content;
- Work with in-house Editorial and Product teams to execute coverage of breaking news stories and other content that matters to our audience;
- Works closely with Editorial and Marketing team in achieving all objectives.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Journalism. Will consider lower level of education based on passion for the industry combined with knowledge and experience;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a media/digital communications environment successfully using social media to drive business goals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with specific experience interacting with bloggers, media personalities and other social media influencers in a creative and compelling way processing the ability to communicate message in brand tone and voice;
- Able to understand data, trends and reports to make actionable decisions;
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple social platforms simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload that will require flexible hours outside of regular business hours;
- Good critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in current cultural vernacular and possesses the ability to craft content relatable to specific demographics as outlined;
- Expert knowledge of social media channels i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.