Senior Software Developer – Drupal
As a Senior Software Developer, you will use your problem-solving skills to write well-designed, testable, and efficient code. Together with your team you will architect new website features and help maintain existing high-traffic websites that we service for our clients.
You’re passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high-quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You’re a self-starter who enjoys autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our office.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR ME?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites, add website features and port Drupal 7 sites to Drupal 8/9;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 5+ years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building Drupal 7/8 websites, including, but not limited to: theme and module development, hooks, views, taxonomies, custom content types, etc.;
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Experience in front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Experience with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Specific experience with Drupal 8 and object-oriented module development;
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks;
- Experience with reverse proxies such as Varnish;
- Experience with configuring Drupal or WordPress to support multiple languages/locales;
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker;
- Experience with modern web application structure, e.g. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Experience with pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack;
- Interest in task and testing automation;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with website optimization and accessibility.