Red Ear Media has an immediate opening for a WordPress/PHP Web Developer. We’re looking for a developer to join our rapidly expanding team and help us build cool sites for small to medium-sized businesses based in Atlantic Canada and beyond. While we’re currently seeking to fill a contract position, if it’s the right fit, this role could become full-time permanent.
We’re a tight-knit team and our work culture is open, inclusive, and honest. We’re all about building great sites for our clients to help serve their needs. We’re big on work-life balance and, as part of a smaller team, you’ll have the ability to grow with us as we move forward.
- Building WordPress themes from supplied designs/mockups
- Interfacing with clients on-site build and design revisions
- Identifying potential edge-cases and bugs affecting user experience or software functionality
- Working with our technical leads to adopt our workflow, review code, and continue to learn, grow, and thrive as a developer
- Providing your insights and opinions to the team and project leads
An ideal candidate will have experience working with any (not all) layers of our tech stack or be able to pick up new tech quickly. Consider applying if you meet some or most of these qualifications. Additional training can be provided to the right candidate.
- Development experience in: PHP, HTML, JS, CSS
- Experience in custom WordPress theme building and/or plugin development
- Excellent analytical skills for creative problem solving
- Understanding of web design and user experience
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Knowledge of current web trends and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and solve problems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to be an authentic, awesome person who wants to become the best developer you can be