Senior Business Analyst – Client Technology (Bedford, NS)
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for business analysis activities on medium to large sized projects for the Client Data Repository applications. Candidates must demonstrate advanced knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency in new or complex situations. You will be responsible for execution of all aspects of requirements delivery – planning, elicitation, analysis and documentation, management, and support.
What will you do?
- Analyze and document detailed business and system solution requirements using agile methodologies
- Develop plans and accurate estimates for completion of requirements, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following the enterprise standards
- Apply advanced coverage analysis techniques to ensure relationship between scope, detailed requirements, and testing through to implementation
- Leads the business solutions and technology mapping of new or significant changes to application product/initiatives/processes
- Support the consistency of standards and adherence to enterprise requirements methodology within own BSA team
- Knowledge of and experience in project planning and required concepts to plan effectively (e.g. analysis, design, build and test activities, quality management, dependency creation, work assignments, role definitions).
- Interface with stakeholders and understand requirements to manage the requirements definition process from elicitation through delivery and implementation
- Ability to evaluate, test, and recommend enhancements and changes, identify risks and propose mitigation plans
- Ability to speak with development team about features, issues and potential solutions with a high degree of technical sophistication.
What do you need to succeed?
- Must Have
- 5+ years working as a Business Systems Analyst with progressively increasing responsibilities in the areas of requirements management on large and complex projects and an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science Degree, Business or equivalent
- Advanced experience with elicitation techniques (e.g. document analysis, interviews, facilitated workshops, observation, prototyping, focus groups, surveys.)
- Experience in requirements planning and prioritization including stakeholder analysis and effort estimation
- Experience in change management and SDLC models including iterative waterfall and Agile
- Excellent business communication and stakeholder management skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team at a world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to build close relationships with key stakeholders
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies via internal mobility
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com
Address: 120 Western Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/31/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 419336