We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to oversee the delivery of our DevOps platform for use by our Capital Markets application development teams. The Product Owner will play a leading role in the modernization of DevOps for Capital Markets managing the product backlog for our DevOps engineers and developers and partnering closely with broader RBC DevOps teams as part of a ‘Next Generation DevOps’ scaled Agile program.
The product manager must also work closely with our application developers and stakeholders to ensure the product is meeting expectations and to improve the developer experience.
The Product Owner will be part of the CM DevOps management team, reporting to the head of CM DevOps, collaborating closely with our DevOps support and architecture leads. The product owner will directly manage a team of engineers.
We are looking for an open-minded individual who is not afraid to fail fast and pivot when needed. An individual who seeks out gaps and challenges to drive efficiency.
What will you do?
- Product owner for Capital Markets (CM) DevOps platform – services, CICD pipelines, collaboration tools
- Champion DevOps adoption and ensure best practice are followed by CM application development teams
- Align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience. Work with development teams to analyze their needs and incorporate these into product roadmap
- Manage an Agile backlog for the DevOps engineering teams to deliver the roadmap
- Solve product related problems and make decisions to stay on track towards deliverable commitments
- Represents team in front of senior management stakeholders and users. Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to DevOps products and the roadmap
- Drive the use of KPIs and metrics in order to understand the usage and performance of our services
- Strive for continuous improvements of our platform and process, controls and capabilities. Champion use of automation to improve DevOps service efficiency
- Collaborate with Enterprise DevOps, IT Risk, Info-sec, senior management and the CM community
- Implement proactive controls and effectively manage risk in compliance with RBC policies. Help manage DevOps audits. Help design policies and standards
- Build DevOps knowledgebase and documentation
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience as a Product Owner or Engineering lead.
- An engineer mindset with production delivery, strong analytical approach, communication skills, and sense of ownership / drive
- Knowledge of development methodologies that utilize our DevOps services
- Experience with Agile i.e. Scrum or SAFe
- Experience using DevOps services such as GitHub, Jenkins, UrbanCodeDeploy
- Experience with DevOps pipelines
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with a public cloud technology, ie AWS, Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of the building or supporting of distributed applications
- Knowledge of compiled languages, i.e. Java, C#, C/C++