Quality Control Editor
- Halifax, NS
- Information Technology
- Full-time – Permanent
This is an entry level position suitable for anyone with a background and passion for reviewing online and blended training solutions and playing a key role in operations! We develop high quality training solutions for clients across the Aerospace and Defense industry sectors. This position requires an individual with attention to detail, a good client perspective, the willingness to work within a project team environment and a desire to grow professionally. Bluedrop provides an exceptional training program to ensure your success in this role. This is a tremendous opportunity for individuals looking to move into the eLearning industry.
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing storyboards in varying formats for alignment and adherence to Style/Design Guides.
- Identifying grammatical issues, punctuation errors, spelling mistakes and making suggestions to ensure better readability.
- Functionality and usability testing of courseware and product at various stages of the project life cycle.
- Maintaining and executing quality checklists adhering to project standards.
- Maintaining and using quality control tools and environments.
- Ensuring quality control and testing objectives are completed within project deadlines.
- Making recommendations to management about ways to improve Quality processes.
- Cooperate and liaise with instructional designers, subject matter experts, media developers, project managers, etc.
- Providing supervisor with regular status updates and reporting/identifying problem areas.
- Provide inputs for continuous improvement.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Company.
What do you need to Succeed?
- You have a passion for detail and accuracy.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to obtain government security NATO Secret clearance.
- Editing and Proofreading experience will be considered an asset.
Nice to Have:
- ISO 9001 quality management system experience will be considered an asset.
- Testing (e-Learning and/or software) experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience in e-Learning and LCMS environments will be considered an asset.
- Bilingual capabilities in English and French will be considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
We challenge ourselves to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.