Quality Assurance Specialist
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Accountable to the Quality Assurance Team Lead, the Quality Assurance Specialist is a resource who is responsible for manual integration testing during the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
The ideal candidate will combine technical skills with detailed business analyst skills. This resource should be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and should be comfortable working with remote team members in different time zones. They should also be detail oriented with an aptitude for quality management.
- Expected to be available to work onsite in the Halifax office as needed
- Support and enhance the SDLC
- Collaborate with resources that operate in different locations creating a blended unified team consisting of internal and external resources
- Assess and review of the technical deliverables during the design phase of a project
- Create test plans and detailed test scenarios as required, review with project stakeholders for approval
- Design, build, execute, and maintain manual test scenarios
- Participate in the recording and reporting of quality assurance metrics
- Participate in the management of defects throughout the SDLC
- Maintain industry knowledge of Test Automation best practices/tools and enhance AXIS processes as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance Test Practices
- 2+ year’s experience in P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/or in a managed service environment
- Similar experience in the military will also be considered
- Excellent business and technical analytical skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills required
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Experience with TFS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or other SDLC/test management tools