QE Automation Developer
About the job
What is the opportunity?
The Role is seeking a motivated QE Automation lead / QE Specialist for leading Automation testing and day-to-day test automation initiatives; will provide leadership in managing the relationship with the organization’s Global Resource Pool to ensure delivery of quality test automation scripts for existing manual test cases using the organization’s QE Automation standard processes, framework and tools; and will analyze test results, develop, maintain and execute scripts as necessary, based on testing requirements to ensure quality delivery of software. Position also partners across IT and with assigned business lines to participate in testing of new or existing software in order to ensure requirements are met.
What will you do?
- Contribute to projects/program test strategies and plans for test Automation .
- Responsible for the adoption of quality engineering practices and train junior resources
- Provide feedback on quality of deliverables and escalate quality issues
- Uses tools for defect management, regression, performance or automation testing
- Responsible for creating, maximizing automation and executing low/medium complexity test cases for assigned programs/projects through the application lifecycle (functional or non-functional)
- You will design, execute and automate test plans based on business requirements to ensure quality delivery of software specifically using python scripting.
- Partners across IT and with assigned business lines to test new or existing software in order to ensure requirements are met.
- Responsible for providing accurate and detailed work status to project team/teams and QE Manager
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-7 years of experience in test case design at different levels (component/service, integration, Robot framework and automation, end to end user scenarios)
- 3+ years of hands on experience in script development using scripting languages (e.g., Ready API, Python.) or using programming languages (e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying, HIVE, HBASE).
- Experience using source configuration tools (Git, SVN, and JENKINS etc.)
- Experience in a QA/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments such as Unix OS, Mainframe, cloud, distributed, services/apis, databases
- Experience working with various frameworks Agile or Iterative Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle
- Very good communication skills, ability to focus and prioritize and solve complex technical problems.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related (technical) degree/diploma
- Hands on exposure to test performance tools (e.g. HP performance centre )
- Experience reviewing artefacts including code reviews (application and test automation scripts)
- Experience as technical developer
- ISTQB certified
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Address: 120 Western Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
Application Deadline: 08/31/2021
Req ID: 394817