The QA Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, building and executing tests that support our quality and testing processes. This role will rely on strong functional/technical skills to effectively develop these solutions, including both manual and automated test scripting.
As a QAE in the organization, the individual will help ensure user expectations are met during the testing process, by maintaining a strong customer focus.
This position requires team members to take ownership of their work and assignments, eager to take on more. Priority setting, as well as, the ability to deal with ambiguity is key in this fast-paced environment where multiple projects or priorities exist day-to-day. Problem-solving skills are also a necessity in this role based on the need to identify, isolate and troubleshoot defects.
When working on projects, this individual must utilize their interpersonal savvy while working with team members, informing the team on the outcome and status of their work.
This position reports to the Director of Product Quality and is part of our UX Design team. The experience level required for this position is greater than 2 years.
- Determines appropriate test covered by using a variety of software testing techniques
- Creates test plans, documenting test scenarios and scripts to support our manual and automation framework
- Analyzes and records test results, reporting on progress
- Researches product features to ensure testability
- Identifies test data for test execution
- Writes automated tests within the existing framework
- Adheres to code standards and guidelines
- Estimates testing work in support of scrum team
- Identifies testing risks in association with team deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Testing certification is a plus
- Experience with manual testing practices and principles
- Understanding of the Software Development Cycle
- Identifying areas of improvement in relation to quality process and capabilities
- Good knowledge of Web environment, web elements and operations of web elements
- Testing of web-based applications using Selenium and Java
- Experience using Git flow
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Utilization of agile work management tools
- Understanding of data security and compliance guidelines