Alpha Dog has an opening for a well-rounded and experienced project manager. We are looking for someone with a passion for continuous improvement and desire for ownership and accountability. The ability to rapidly prioritize, resolve blockers, and create transparency for multiple scrum teams is essential. Creating and maintaining schedules to deliver value frequently and on time to our stakeholders is critical. A successful candidate will be energized by the challenge of creating and fostering highly productive self-organizing teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest IP in the industry using quantitative and qualitative data to drive success in F2P games and ensure a great experience for our players. By joining Alpha Dog Games, you are part of a growing studio that believes in work/life balance, equity and diversity. Located on the East Coast in Canada’s ocean playground, Halifax is host to a thriving video game industry with affordable living and cultural amenities featuring sandy beaches, scenic coastal villages, and a bustling night life. If you have a passion for mobile games, this job is for you.
- Solid understanding of mobile F2P games-as-a-service and how to support live ops games
- Develop and own timelines, create large scale product roadmaps
- Make priority-based decisions for resource assignment
- Communicate progress and risk to leadership and stakeholders
- Triage, prioritize, and assign bugs
- Develop metrics for work distribution and productivity measurements to drive improvement
- Coordinate with external partners, internal teams and executive management to make optimal decisions about team and product direction and dependencies
- Identify critical path issues and drive initiatives with teams to resolve those issues
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of creative content
- Coordinate troubleshooting of technical problems
- Focus on growing teams to greater potential
- Own the creation, facilitation, and improvement of internal processes and procedures to support and improve your team
- Facilitate execution as a Scrum Master on multiple SCRUM teams
- Strong communication skills with wide range of stakeholders
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure
- Expertise with MS Office, Jira or other project management software, and any knowledge management tools
- Successful crisis and risk management experience
- Ability to quickly prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
- 4+ yrs. Project management, experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- 2+ yrs. Experience working with QA
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.